Why does 7.2 Server With GUI create virbr0 and virbr0-nic?

Latest response

I have a fairly large environment of developer VMs and servers, vSphere 6 with RHEL7 guests of various roles and flavors. We are just now testing 7.2 for upgrades and new deployments. My typical user system is a Server with GUI including the Guest Agents and Network File System Client packages selected from the Anaconda graphical installer.

With 7.1, the desktop group installed Gnome-Boxes, libvirtd, and their affiliated packages, but didn't create the virtual bridge networks or do anything else that was noticeable. Users who had a clue would remove/disable packages and services they didn't need, if they cared. Others would remain blissfully unaware.

With 7.2 when we deploy a VM with the same procedure it creates vibr0 and vibr0-nic, which confuse and annoy users. Was this a bug in 7.1, where it didn't create the virtual networking devices so it remained unobtrusive? Was something changed in 7.2 to force creation of these devices? Can I easily make the installer not create these?

I'm mostly just curious why they are showing up in 7.2 when they do not in 7.1, even though similar (identical?) packages are installed and services started.

Responses

I believe this can help you: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/27195

Regards.

Refer What is virtual bridge with -nic in the end of name

To view this interface, try:

ip link show type bridge_slave