I want to move my capsule dhcp PXE functions to a separate network

Latest response

I have a working satellite 6.1.3 that has a capsule attached that is serving out DHCP and TFTP to any client that boots on a the network that it is attached to on ETH0, this all works find right now. The capsule is its own nameserver

My customer wants to add a second NIC ( eth1) to the capsule and change the PXE/DHCP/TFTP to this second NIC ( eth1) . The new network that they desire is called "Build" and the range on this network is 172.18.19.x

I have looked at the provisioning guide and this is my plan.

1. add the second NIC in vmware and Linux to the Capsule server give it an IP of 172.18.19.3

enter into the named file for bind on the capsule server a second hostame "PXE-CAPSULE2" and associate it to the 2nd NIC on the capsule's IP 172.18.19.3

1. change in with the "capsule installer -i " ( for the interactive mode) the nameserver to be 172.18.19.3 ( the eth1 on the capsule server)

2. change the " --capsule-dns-interface and "--capsule-dhcp-interface" to the new second interface "eth1"

3. change the "--capsule-dhcp-gatway" to 172.18.19.1

4. change the '--capsule-dns-reverse to 19.18.172.in-addr-arpa

5. change the "--capsule-tftp-servername" to be the hostname of the second nic

6. add in a vaild dhcp range 172.18.19.100 to 171.18.19.180

is there any thing I am not thinking of???????

thanks!!

Responses