RH Satellite Sync took two months to sync updated packages with clients?

Latest response

So I've been downloading incremental ISOs from the RH website and importing them into my disconnected RH 5.6 Satellite and from there update my RHEL 5/6 servers. Doing this monthly.

At first the process was working great, however since early August, when loading the updated ISOs into the RH Satellite, none of the new packages were appearing to the clients. I kind of thought something wasn't right, however I've downloaded more ISOs and was going to try again before saying anything. However this morning, I came into work and logged into the RH Satellite and noticed that the clients are all finally seeing the errata and update packages. I have no idea why this is happening.

The Satellite is a VM living in VMWare with the following:
- 8 CPUs
- 16 GB of RAM
- Plenty of HD Space
- As of late July 2015, updates with the latest packages/errata.

The database is external, on another RHEL server which is a VM also living in VMWare and running Oracle.

Right now, there aren't any obvious issues on RH Satellite of the Oracle database as to why this is happening. It takes normal time, around 20 to 30 minutes to process and I write the output to script and don't get any errors.

However if I've been importing incremental ISOs monthly for August and September 2015 and they are finally showing up now, something isn't correct.

I found an older thread about the same type of situation: https://access.redhat.com/discussions/960443

However I wanted to see what other though.

thanks

Responses