Does red hat subscription also include redhat cluster support ?

Latest response

AS PER THE ATTACHED PICTURE REDHAT Standard Subscription COST IS $799 AND Premium Subscription COST IS $1,299.
I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS IN THE RESPONSE OF THIS:

1-) DOES BOTH SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTIONS ALSO INCLUDE REDHAT CLUSTER SUPPORT ?
2-) WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN Standard Subscription AND Premium Subscription

Responses

Hi Zahid,

1) For cluster support, you need the 'High Availability Add-On', which is available separately. See Add-Ons for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server.

2) The difference between Standard and Premium subscriptions is in the level of support. See Production Support Service Level Agreement.

Thanks Robert for your words.
So a 24x7 (for Severity 1 and 2 cases) we need:
- RHEL Premium subscription (currently US $1299) + High Availability Add-On (currently US $399) for 2 Sockets per system/Machine.

Thank

Is it possible that we can only buy 'High Availability Add-On' (currently US $399 for 2 Sockets per system) ??

Hi Zahid,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Did you mean that you would only buy the add-on, but not the server subscription?

In any case, I would encourage you to contact Red Hat Sales in your region and talk to them about subscription options.

http://www.redhat.com/en/about/contact/sales

Did you mean that you would only buy the add-on, but not the server subscription?

YES I mean that

Hi Zahid,

That would not work. Add-ons are meant to be on top of your RHEL subscription. So you need both subscriptions: for RHEL and for the add-on. The datasheet about add-ons says:

"In conjunction with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, Red Hat offers a portfolio of add-­ons to extend the features of your Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription." PDF

Thanks Robert for detailed discussion :)

Hi Robert, if we buy RH00026 ( Red Hat Add-on for Resilient Storage ) subscription, will it cover support for Red hat High Availability as well?

Please confirm.

Thanks, Absar Ahammad Shaik.

I seem to remember it being included when we switched to RHEL 7, Am I remembering wrong?

Hi Howard Barina,

We had to pay for our subscription/access to the cluster software.

Most of us are volunteers here. Red Hat Sales themselves may or may not see your post above in the Discussion Portal.

For help with this, please contact Red Hat Sales directly at https://www.redhat.com/en/store/contact-sales scroll down at that link for phone numbers in your region on the globe. You may have seen the earlier response in this discussion thread from Robert Kratky above (he works for Red Hat).

Regards,
RJ