katello-agent installation for Satellite 6.1 Beta client

Latest response

I appreciate this is Beta but I am interested to know if anyone has a had similar issues with installation/configuration.

I recently installed Satellite 6.1 Beta on a single server for PoC purposes. I have successfully subscribed the server to the RHEL 7.1 channels, downloaded content from Red Hat repositories etc.

I have a single RHEL 7.1 client that I have subscribed using subscription-manager (can access RH content from the Sat 6.1 server) and I want to manually configure/install the katello-agent, this is where is starts going off the rails a little.

Following the documentation it asks to install katello-agent package which wasn't available in the mainline RH channels, so I added the Red Hat Repository for 'RH Common' and installed the katello-agent package (1.5.3), which failed to start with the following error appearing in the logs:

goferd[9037]: [WARNING][Thread-2] qpid.messaging:453 - recoverable error[attempt 7]: [Errno 185090050] _ssl.c:340: error:0B084002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system lib

Following up in Bugzilla it appears that the protocol for katello-agent has been changed in the 6.1 update which breaks the current stable client connectivity to the 6.1 server, resulting in this error. I have now manually removed the katello-agent (1.5.3) and located the katello-agent package (2.2.5) in the "Red Hat Satellite 6 Beta (v. 6.1.0 Beta for RHEL 7 for x86_64)" channel in RHN, my issue is making this content available to my RHEL7.1 client.

Responses