Can we develop native applications in Red hat Jboss EAP

Latest response

Hi everyone,

I am new to Red hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
We are looking to setup JBOSS EAP to deploy Java and HTML 5 based applications.I have read that we can develop Web applications and Hybrid Applications using Red hat Jboss EAP.

But can we develop native applications for specific platform using this platform.

Regards,
Priyanka Pedamkar.

Responses

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for your question . Can you elaborate a little more on what to you mean by "native applications for specific platform using this platform", or rather any use case if you have any .

Thanks
AV

Hi,
I read that Red hat EAP is Java based.By 'native applications' what I mean is that can we develop native applications for Android using Red Hat Jboss EAP???

And what about Windows and iOS platform...can we develop applications that run natively on this platform as well??

Hi Priyanka,

Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) is a middleware platform built on open standards and compliant with the Java Enterprise Edition specification. It integrates JBoss Application Server 7 with high-availability clustering, messaging, distributed caching, and other technologies.
So application which are to be deployed or run on the EAP server must comply with JEE specs . JEE specs doesn't cover Android , Windows and iOS platform .

But offcourse you can evaluate projects Like FeedHenry and AeroGear for mobile computing provided by Red hat

AV

Hi,

Thankyou so much for this information.

Regards,
Priyanka Pedamkar

You are Welcome

AV