RHOS 6 and Triple-O vs Foreman

Latest response

Hey Folks,
OK so we just got a brand new SKU that allows RHOS. Currently I'm running a fairly basic RDO Icehouse cluster with non-redundant services, all of which I set up manually.

I'm in the planning and procurement stage to get a robust cluster set up on RHOS. It's looking like it's going to have to be RHOS 6 (Juno) since I believe RHOS lags about 3-4 months behind upstream, which would put RHOS 7 in the late July/Aug range (that sounds right, right?).

So for RHOS 6, I understand Triple-O is in tech-preview, and it looks like there aren't really any Redhat docs for deploying actual hardware RHOS clusters via Triple-O. Is that correct? If I ran into any problems, I would be out of luck support wise since it's in Tech Preview as well right?

Is my best bet for RHOS 6 to just go the old Foreman deployment route as documented by Redhat?

If so, how will the Foreman deploy interact with an existing (community) Ceph Giant cluster? Would it be better to use the Foreman deploy method in RHOS 6 to handle Ceph as well?

Thanks everyone - sorry if I've asked anything particularly dumb, I'm still in the brainstorming stage of the next cluster.

Responses