Where is Extended Update Support (EUS) software channel?

Latest response

Hello,

I have been running one RHEL 6 Selft Support Server with EUS channel (6.5) for almost one year. Since I saw that the system didn't update for a couple of weeks, I manually run "yum update" and got that system was not registered to RHN. Then I came here and see that this system was unregistered for some reason. When I re-registered it back to RHN, I saw "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (v. 6 for 64-bit x86_64) " software channel, but I am unable to see any EUS channel. As the system is running KVM as VM host, I just wanted to keep it stick to 6.5. Now I see hundred-thousand-million... updates (kernel, etc.) that I really don't wan't to apply. With EUS I only got security patches, but no newer kernel versions, etc.

Is it possible that the system was using one of our NFR licenses? This happened when our NFR licenses were not auto-renewed when our partnership was renewed. So it seems so. Also, the sistem was registered to RHN using classic subscription manager (not the new one).

It is not a pain issue, I mean, I will probably update the system to the latest v6 minor release with no troubles at all. Just wanted to know for future implementations that require to be stick to one minor relase.

As English is not my native language, please excuse typing errors.

Best regards

Attachments

Responses