I'm part of the Red Hat documentation team and I'm looking to get more information on how people use Satellite (both 5 and 6). I wanted to start this discussion around this topic based on Robert Teeter's awesome Cookbook threads:
- Patch Control - https://access.redhat.com/discussions/1199583
- Adding VMware machine to Sat 6 - https://access.redhat.com/discussions/1275493
I'm keen to get more examples of how people are using Satellite, or even how people want to use Satellite. To kick off some discussion, I've got questions for people about how they use Satellite:
- What kind of environment do you have? (i.e. mostly physical or virtual? Are you using RHEV, VMware, OpenStack? How many systems are you managing?)
- What kind of Satellite environment are you using? (i.e. Satellite5 or Satellite 6? Do you have a proxy/capsule setup?)
- How are you currently using Satellite? (i.e. mostly as a provisioning tool? patch control tool? system management?)
- What would you like to know more about with Satellite? (especially areas lacking in the main documentation)
- Any major hurdles you've faced?
- Are there any situations with your Satellite that you think are unique to your environment? (i.e. any interesting use cases)
Please feel free to contribute your thoughts and ideas. Anything you can provide will be useful to us!