RHEL 7 Issue with Kickstart: treeinfo & package groups errors

Latest response

I am encountering an issue with RHEL7 and kickstart/annaconda but I am not exactly sure the root cause of this issue.
Our environment consists of a Red Hat Satellite 5.6+ server where we store our kickstart profiles, our snippets, our channels and so on.
There is no problem per say with building a RHEL7 server from scratch using a parent Red Hat 7 channel. However, any child channel we assign to the build process from within Red Hat Satellite (including both custom and built in child channels like RHN Tools) have an issue of not being available during the build process

When the build and installation process finishes, these child channels are not available straight away to use. A yum repolist will only show the parent channel. They can however be assigned manually through the Red Hat Satellite GUI or using a "yum-config-manager --add-repo" command. Thats good but I need this to be available during the build process as I have a custom repo which has rpms that is needed during installation.

Looking at the anaconda log files this is what I first see in relation to the problem.
INFO packaging: Error downloading treeinfo : [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
The above error is found for all child repo's

Reading this article, it is not clear if this is an issue or not as it references bootable media.
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/45837

Further reading of the logs I see this Error
DEBUG packaging: getting repo metadata for rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-server-7
Err packaging: failed to get groups for repo rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-server-7

This error is the one that I think is more pertinent however, how does one resolve this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Responses