Request help with reducing interrupts on Oracle jrockit version 1.6.0_71-B10

Latest response

We have several RHEL 5.10 vmware servers with current patches running Oracle jrockit. These servers have four CPUs each, and 40GB of RAM.

We have been doing some performance testing against these systems and noticed a very high CPU utilization against three of the four processors. My oracle folks tell me that these three processors were highly busy with interrupts. They observed this with a "top -M ci" command.

We are looking for a way to monitor or change interrupt handling for Oracle jrockit version 1.6.0_71-B10. Does anyone have any best practices for tunables for interrupts?

Apologies for the lack of details at the moment, I will press for more details, but they asked if anyone happens to have some information on this, or has seen this and what they've done.

I've given a copy of the oracle tuning topics from Red Hat, to them, but we have not yet found a directive to help them deal with the interrupts being used hard by the CPU.

While we could add more CPUs, we would like to see if there's anything possible to reduce the interrupt management load on the CPUs.

We appreciate any help with this. My oracle folks say they will be happy to add more details to any questions in this discussion.

Kind Regards,
Remmele

Responses