RSS notifications for Knowledgebase solutions

Latest response

Hi,
I found very useful to receive a list of new KnowledgeBase solutions via rss feed.
The url I used till a week ago was 'https://access.redhat.com/temporarychange/Red%20Hat%20Enterprise%20Linux' but now it doesn't work anymore.

Does anybody knows if there's a new url to receive RSS notification or if the feature was removed in the new customer portal?
Thanks

Angelo

Responses

Hi Angelo,

Sorry for the inconvenience - I don't think there is currently a method for following Knowledgebase solutions via RSS. If you access your Portal profile, you can configure email notifications so that you receive a message when knowledgebase solutions are added or updated.

Hi David,

Thank you for your super-fast reply. I already know the 'email notification' feature available in the Customer Portal and I'm just using it but, you see, it's a bit more uncomfortable to receive a half hundred of mails by day than manage all the notification with a feed reader.
By the way, I can't understand why this feature was removed.
Is it possible to make an RFE have it again?

As far as the feature's removal - I don't think the feature was ever officially implemented, it was just a legacy feature available as part of the platform. It's certainly possible to file an RFE for it, and if people are keen to have notifications available by RSS it should be simple to implement again. Thanks for the feedback, Angelo.

Unfortunately it seems that the recent upgrade of the customer portal broke the rss feed again :( @david powles it there anything we can do to restore the feature? It's just so useful to keep track on known issue and solutions for people who work everyday with Rhel systems...

I could also use an RSS/atom feed of the solutions articles.

I've been using this too for years. It seems that

https://access.redhat.com/term/Red%20Hat%20Enterprise%20Linux/feed

works now. Hope this helps.

Unfortunately it seems that the recent upgrade of the customer portal broke the rss feed again :( @david powles it there anything we can do to restore the feature? It's just so useful to keep track on known issue and solutions for people who work everyday with Rhel systems...

Hey Angelo,

Sorry to hear the feed got broken. I'll look into it. In the meantime, you should be able to "follow" individual solutions to receive email notifications on them, without receiving a large volume of mail spam.

Hi David, it was working again till 2 or 3 weeks ago. Now it's broken again. Can't you just implement some unit-test to the Customer Portal so this very useful feature doesn't break every time?

Thank you so much for your reply, David. I know well that I can subscribe and follow each single solution/article but, you see, there is no way to be notified about newer solutions. Knowledge base feeds are really so useful to be notified about new issues and their related solutions

Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.