Minimum supported kernel for RHEL 7.2 running on Intel® Xeon PhiTM Processor, x200 Product Family
Since the time this article was originally published (October 24 2016) RHEL 7.2 has passed through both its Full Support Phase and its Extended Update Support phase (ended on November 30, 2017). Customers with Intel® Xeon PhiTM Processor, x200 Product Family should consider using the current RHEL 7 release in its Full Support Phase or a RHEL 7 release with Extended Update Support for their production environment needs.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2
- Intel® Xeon PhiTM Processor, x200 Product Family
- Knights Landing Host Processor without the integrated Omni-Path Fabric Controller.
- Formerly referred to as Knights Landing D.
- Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processor 7290
- Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processor 7250
- Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processor 7230
- Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processor 7210
Errata kernel-3.10.0-327.36.1.el7 RHSA-2016-1847 includes fixes that allow for correct CPU discovery and addresses other issues that could result in an unstable system. This is the minimum kernel that will support correct CPU discovery and functionality. We recommend you use Errata kernel-3.10.0-327.36.1.el7 RHSA-2016-1847 for your deployment on Intel® Xeon PhiTM Processor, x200 Product Family.
Users are further recommended to upgrade to RHEL 7.3. RHEL 7.3 includes further patches providing the best KNL experience.