What is Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA ?
RHEL for SAP HANA is tailored to support SAP HANA, an in-memory, highly scalable database that is particularly well suited to analytics. SAP HANA is currently available as an appliance built by some of Red Hat’s major hardware vendor partners, or as a Tailored Datacenter Integration built by a certified systems integrator.
You can find the list of certified hardware vendors and configuration information at Certified and Supported SAP HANA Hardware.
Built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), RHEL for SAP HANA offers the following additional software components through a dedicated "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Hana” channel:
- Scalable File System Add-On (XFS) at no additional charge.
- compat-sap-c++.so package which is the gcc-4.7 libstdc++ rebuilt for RHEL6.
- tuned profiles “sap-hana” and “sap-hana-vmware”
- resource-agents-sap-hana: resource agents for managing SAP HANA instance in a pacemaker cluster environment.
Integrated Support Process
SAP HANA Certified Hardware Vendors, Red Hat Customer Experience & Engagement (CEE), and SAP deliver integrated support for all customers who have active Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA subscriptions. The integrated support includes the following elements:
- SAP Global Support Backbone integration with Red Hat Customer Experience & Engagement ticketing
- Dedicated engineers on-site at SAP who work directly with SAP on certifications and customer issues
Red Hat and SAP customers can benefit from the integration of SAP Solution Manager and Red Hat's customer support ticketing system by gaining a single point of contact for support issues, streamlined resolution of incidents and continued collaboration for running SAP applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. With the integration of the ticketing systems, Red Hat, SAP and certified hardware partners are able to more easily liaise on support issue resolutions, providing enhanced support services to customers.
With SAP HANA Red Hat can also engage directly with certified SAP HANA hardware partners through mature collaborative support processes in place via our Technical Support Alliance Network (TSANet) membership.
Workflow of the integrated support process
- An SAP customer will initiate a support request with SAP
- After triage by the SAP Linux team the case may be routed to the SAP LinuxLab
- The LinuxLab staff will troubleshoot the issue with the assistance of the OEM and Red Hat on-site engineer
- If Red Hat CEE assistance is required, the LinuxLab staff will route the SAP Message to Red Hat
- Red Hat CEE handles the case in collaboration with the customer and SAP via the SAP Global Support Backbone integration
- The case remains open until it is closed by the customer by changing the SAP message to "confirmed"
For Registering and Subscribing the system
RHEL 6.5 and higher: How to subscribe a RHEL 6 system to RHEL for SAP HANA child channel ?
RHEL 7.2 and higher: How to subscribe a RHEL 7 system to RHEL for SAP HANA child channel ?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA with High Availability and Smart Management subscription
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA with High Availability and Smart Management is a variant of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA . Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA with High Availability and Smart Management enhances native SAP HANA replication and fail-over technology to automate the takeover process.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA with High Availability and Smart Management consist of these components:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Add-on
For more information on how to configure
Automated SAP HANA System Replication with Pacemaker, refer to the following article.
Contact Red Hat Sales for getting access to "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA with High Availability and Smart Management" subscription.
Should you have further question, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.