RHSA-2023:0069 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Low
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.11.24 is now available with
updates to packages and images that fix several bugs.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container
Platform 4.11.24. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this
- openshift: etcd grpc-proxy vulnerable to The Birthday attack against 64-bit block cipher (CVE-2023-0296)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory.
See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated
shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.11 see the following documentation, which will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata for x86_64, s390x, ppc64le, and aarch64 architectures. The image digests may be found at https://quay.io/repository/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release?tab=tags
The SHA values for the release are:
(For x86_64 architecture)
The image digest is sha256:24a273f879d6eed8d6cce1426798a623ebbe095e01a881e58aa78c4e9eff0c8b
(For s390x architecture)
The image digest is sha256:620f3b21d5157c3223c0a45aae2fc3aac0d11f1d561f025e3d5730f628c95e05
(For ppc64le architecture)
The image digest is sha256:96eebd99bc9ba668447ffce90eb887012d000edfeca3994a4726fb72ef314b88
(For aarch64 architecture)
The image digest is sha256:a57a6844a0d6506309b3bb7bc3883384c907ffa331008423b32f4f3633795494
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.11 users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available at https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.11/updating/updating-cluster-cli.html
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.11 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.11 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.11 for RHEL 8 s390x
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for ARM 64 4.11 aarch64
- BZ - 2161287 - CVE-2023-0296 openshift: etcd grpc-proxy vulnerable to The Birthday attack against 64-bit block cipher
- OCPBUGS-1567 - Automation Offline CPUs Test cases
- OCPBUGS-3290 - WriteRequestBodies audit profile records routes/status events at RequestResponse level
- OCPBUGS-4761 - [4.11] Bump OVS control plane to get "ovsdb/transaction.c: Refactor assess_weak_refs."
- OCPBUGS-4908 - [OCP 4.11] ironic container images have old packages
- OCPBUGS-5075 - [4.11] SNO not able to bring up Provisioning resource in 4.11.17
- OCPBUGS-5099 - [4.11] coreos-installer output not available in the logs
- OCPBUGS-5145 - virtual media provisioning fails when iLO Ironic driver is used
- OCPBUGS-5290 - PTP 4.12 Regression - CLOCK REALTIME status is locked when physical interface is down
- OCPBUGS-5341 - Placeholder bug for OCP 4.11.0 rpm release
- OCPBUGS-5359 - [release-4.11] Azure: unable to configure EgressIP if an ASG is set
- OCPBUGS-5404 - [4.11] provisioning on ilo4-virtualmedia BMC driver fails with error: "Creating vfat image failed: Unexpected error while running command"
- OCPBUGS-5418 - Dev Sandbox clusters uses clusterType OSD and there is no way to enforce DEVSANDBOX
- OCPBUGS-5450 - events.events.k8s.io is forbidden: User "system:serviceaccount:openshift-kube-descheduler-operator:openshift-descheduler-operand" cannot create resource "events" in API group "events.k8s.io" in the namespace "e2e-test-default-b6y9atnu-jxz6p"
- OCPBUGS-5258 - Add support for API version v1beta1 for knativeServing and knativeEventing
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.11 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.11 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.11 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for ARM 64 4.11