RHSA-2020:5611 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for cockpit-ovirt, redhat-release-virtualization-host, redhat-virtualization-host, and v2v-conversion-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The ovirt-node-ng packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: cockpit-ovirt (0.14.15), redhat-release-virtualization-host (4.4.3), redhat-virtualization-host (4.4.3), v2v-conversion-host (1.16.2). (BZ#1898023, BZ#1902301, BZ#1907539)
- lldpd: buffer overflow in the lldp_decode function in daemon/protocols/lldp.c (CVE-2015-8011)
- nodejs-lodash: prototype pollution in zipObjectDeep function (CVE-2020-8203)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- Previously, upgrade from Red Had Virtualization (RHV) 4.4.1 to RHV 4.4.2 failed due to dangling symlinks from the iSCSI Storage Domain that weren't cleaned up. In this release, the upgrade succeeds. (BZ#1895356)
- Previously, when migrating a Windows virtual machine from a VMware environment to Red Hat Virtualization 4.4.3, the migration failed due to a file permission error. In this release, the migration succeeds. (BZ#1901423)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1835685 - [Hosted-Engine]"Installation Guide" and "RHV Documents" didn't jump to the correct pages in hosted engine page.
- BZ - 1857412 - CVE-2020-8203 nodejs-lodash: prototype pollution in zipObjectDeep function
- BZ - 1895356 - Upgrade to 4.4.2 will fail due to dangling symlinks
- BZ - 1895762 - cockpit ovirt(downstream) docs links point to upstream docs.
- BZ - 1896536 - CVE-2015-8011 lldpd: buffer overflow in the lldp_decode function in daemon/protocols/lldp.c
- BZ - 1898023 - Rebase RHV-H 4.4.3 on RHEL 188.8.131.52
- BZ - 1898024 - Rebase RHV-H 4.4.3 on RHGS-3.5.z Batch #3
- BZ - 1901423 - [v2v] leaking USER and HOME environment from root causes virt-v2v error: failure: Unexpected file type which prevents VM migration
- BZ - 1902301 - Upgrade cockpit-ovirt to 0.14.14
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8