RHSA-2020:1475 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces 2.1.0 release
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces 2.1.0 has been released.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces 2.1.0 provides a cloud developer-workspace server and a browser-based IDE built for teams and organizations. CodeReady Workspaces runs in OpenShift and is well-suited for container-based development.
This major release is based on Eclipse Che 7.9 and offers security fixes and a number of enhancements and new features, including:
- JWT proxy bypass allows access to workspace pods of other users (CVE-2020-10689)
Enhancements and new features:
- Improved code samples for default devfiles
- Improved naming of default stacks
- Updated .NET sample (including debugger) to version 3.1
- Enabled offline devfile registry
For more details about the security issue, including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page listed in the References section.
This update includes updated container images, which are based on an updated Red Hat Enterprise Linux image that contains fixes for the following issues:
CVE-2019-1348, CVE-2019-1349, CVE-2019-1352, CVE-2019-1387, CVE-2019-13734, CVE-2019-15030, CVE-2019-15031, CVE-2019-16775, CVE-2019-16776, CVE-2019-16777, CVE-2019-18397, CVE-2019-18408, CVE-2019-18660, CVE-2019-19527, CVE-2020-1712, CVE-2020-10531
To start using CodeReady Workspaces, download and install it using the instructions provided in the Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces Installation Guide linked from the References section.
- Red Hat Developer Tools (for RHEL Server) 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1816789 - CVE-2020-10689 che: pods in kubernetes cluster can bypass JWT proxy and send unauthenticated requests to workspace pods
Red Hat Developer Tools (for RHEL Server) 1