RHSA-2019:2541 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat Ceph Storage 3.3 on Ubuntu 16.04.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Ceph Storage is a scalable, open, software-defined storage platform that combines the most stable version of the Ceph storage system with a Ceph management platform, deployment utilities, and support services.
- ceph: ListBucket max-keys has no defined limit in the RGW codebase (CVE-2018-16846)
- ceph: debug logging for v4 auth does not sanitize encryption keys (CVE-2018-16889)
- ceph: authenticated user with read only permissions can steal dm-crypt / LUKS key (CVE-2018-14662)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) and Enhancement(s):
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Ceph Storage 3.3 Release Notes available at:
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage MON 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage OSD 3 x86_64
- BZ - 1637327 - CVE-2018-14662 ceph: authenticated user with read only permissions can steal dm-crypt / LUKS key
- BZ - 1644461 - CVE-2018-16846 ceph: ListBucket max-keys has no defined limit in the RGW codebase
- BZ - 1665334 - CVE-2018-16889 ceph: debug logging for v4 auth does not sanitize encryption keys