RHSA-2017:2553 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for openvswitch is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9.0 (Mitaka).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Open vSwitch provides standard network bridging functions and support for the OpenFlow protocol for remote per-flow control of traffic.
- An unsigned int wrap around leading to a buffer over-read was found when parsing OFPT_QUEUE_GET_CONFIG_REPLY messages in Open vSwitch (OvS). An attacker could use this flaw to cause a remote DoS. (CVE-2017-9214)
- In Open vSwitch (OvS), while parsing an OpenFlow role status message there is a call to the abort() function for undefined role status reasons in the function `ofp_print_role_status_message` in `lib/ofp-print.c` that may be leveraged toward a remote DoS attack by a malicious switch. (CVE-2017-9263)
- A buffer over-read flaw was found in Open vSwitch (OvS) while parsing the group mod OpenFlow messages sent from the controller. An attacker could use this flaw to cause a Denial of Service (DoS). (CVE-2017-9265)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 9 x86_64
- BZ - 1431494 - openvswitch: /var/log/openvswitch is world readable
- BZ - 1456795 - CVE-2017-9214 openvswitch: Integer underflow in the ofputil_pull_queue_get_config_reply10 function
- BZ - 1457327 - CVE-2017-9263 openvswitch: Invalid processing of a malicious OpenFlow role status message
- BZ - 1457335 - CVE-2017-9265 openvswitch: Buffer over-read while parsing the group mod OpenFlow message
Red Hat OpenStack 9