RHSA-2017:1464 - Security Advisory
Moderate: openstack-heat security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for openstack-heat is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9.0 (Mitaka).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenStack Orchestration (heat) is a template-driven engine used to specify and deploy configurations for Compute, Storage, and OpenStack Networking. The service can be used to automate post-deployment actions, which in turn allows automated provisioning of infrastructure, services, and applications. Additionally, Orchestration can be integrated with Telemetry alarms to implement auto-scaling for certain infrastructure resources.
- An access-control flaw was found in the OpenStack Orchestration (heat) service where a service log directory was improperly made world readable. A malicious system user could exploit this flaw to access sensitive information. (CVE-2017-2621)
- An information-leak vulnerability was found in the OpenStack Orchestration (heat) service. Launching a new stack with a local URL resulted in a detailed error message, allowing an authenticated user to conduct network discovery and reveal the details of internal network services. (CVE-2016-9185)
Red Hat would like to thank Hans Feldt (Ericsson) for reporting CVE-2017-2621.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 9 x86_64
- BZ - 1391895 - CVE-2016-9185 openstack-heat: Template source URL allows network port scan
- BZ - 1418159 - OpenStack Heat may fail to connect keystone admin API in multi-region environment
- BZ - 1420990 - CVE-2017-2621 openstack-heat: /var/log/heat/ is world readable
- BZ - 1424586 - Heat doesn't inject personality files on rebuild
- BZ - 1424885 - Password written in clear text in heat-api.log with DEBUG mode [openstack-9]
- BZ - 1428879 - [UPDATES] ERROR: The "pre-update" hook is not defined on SoftwareDeployment "UpdateDeployment"
Red Hat OpenStack 9