RHSA-2017:1456 - Security Advisory
Low: openstack-heat security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Low
An update for openstack-heat is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenStack Orchestration (heat) is a template-driven engine used to specify and deploy configurations for Compute, Storage, and OpenStack Networking. The service can be used to automate post-deployment actions, which in turn allows automated provisioning of infrastructure, services, and applications. Additionally, Orchestration can be integrated with Telemetry alarms to implement auto-scaling for certain infrastructure resources.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: openstack-heat (5.0.3). (BZ#1409638)
- An information-leak vulnerability was found in the OpenStack Orchestration (heat) service. Launching a new stack with a local URL resulted in a detailed error message, allowing an authenticated user to conduct network discovery and reveal the details of internal network services. (CVE-2016-9185)
- Previously, when heat-engine was terminated during startup, it tried to clean up processes that had not been started. Consequently, heat-engine reported and logged the "NoneType" attribute error. This behaviour has been corrected, and heat-engine now shuts down gracefully. (BZ#1389972)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1330443 - heat service-list shows heat-engine processes down
- BZ - 1389972 - Traceback in error log during heat-engine service shutdown
- BZ - 1391895 - CVE-2016-9185 openstack-heat: Template source URL allows network port scan
- BZ - 1409638 - Rebase openstack-heat to 5.0.3
- BZ - 1419348 - Backport to OSP 8: OpenStack Heat may fail to connect keystone admin API in multi-region environment
- BZ - 1424587 - Heat doesn't inject personality files on rebuild
- BZ - 1424884 - Password written in clear text in heat-api.log with DEBUG mode [openstack-8]
- BZ - 1428845 - [UPDATES] ERROR: The "pre-update" hook is not defined on SoftwareDeployment "UpdateDeployment"
Red Hat OpenStack 8