RHSA-2017:1450 - Security Advisory
Low: openstack-heat security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Low
An update for openstack-heat is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 7.0 (Kilo) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenStack Orchestration (heat) is a template-driven engine used to specify and deploy configurations for Compute, Storage, and OpenStack Networking. The service can be used to automate post-deployment actions, which in turn allows automated provisioning of infrastructure, services, and applications. Additionally, Orchestration can be integrated with Telemetry alarms to implement auto-scaling for certain infrastructure resources.
- An information-leak vulnerability was found in the OpenStack Orchestration (heat) service. Launching a new stack with a local URL resulted in a detailed error message, allowing an authenticated user to conduct network discovery and reveal the details of internal network services. (CVE-2016-9185)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1391895 - CVE-2016-9185 openstack-heat: Template source URL allows network port scan
- BZ - 1404464 - Heat doesn't inject personality files on rebuild
- BZ - 1424882 - Password written in clear text in heat-api.log with DEBUG mode [openstack-7]
Red Hat OpenStack 7