RHSA-2017:0517 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is a platform for Java applications based on JBoss Application Server 7.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.14 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.13, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
[Updated May 2, 2017]
CVE-2016-8657 was originally listed as resolved with this erratum. However, this was incorrect, as that issue only affected RPM installations and not zip files as provided by this erratum.
- It was discovered that a programming error in the processing of HTTPS requests in the Apache Tomcat servlet and JSP engine may result in denial of service via an infinite loop. (CVE-2017-6056)
- It was found that GZIPInterceptor is enabled when not necessarily required in RESTEasy. An attacker could use this flaw to launch a Denial of Service attack. (CVE-2016-6346)
Red Hat would like to thank Mikhail Egorov (Odin) for reporting the CVE-2016-6346 issue.
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1372120 - CVE-2016-6346 RESTEasy: Abuse of GZIPInterceptor in RESTEasy can lead to denial of service attack
- BZ - 1422148 - CVE-2017-6056 tomcat: Infinite loop in the processing of https requests
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories