RHSA-2017:0172 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.4
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7 is an application server that serves as a middleware platform and is built on open standards and compliant with the Java EE 7 specification.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.4 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.3, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes, linked to in the References section.
- An EAP feature to download server log files allows logs to be available via GET requests making them vulnerable to cross-origin attacks. An attacker could trigger the user's browser to request the log files consuming enough resources that normal server functioning could be impaired. (CVE-2016-8627)
- It was discovered that when configuring RBAC and marking information as sensitive, users with a Monitor role are able to view the sensitive information. (CVE-2016-7061)
The CVE-2016-8627 issue was discovered by Darran Lofthouse and Brian Stansberry (Red Hat).
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1380852 - CVE-2016-7061 EAP: Sensitive data can be exposed at the server level in domain mode
- BZ - 1388240 - CVE-2016-8627 Potential EAP resource starvation DOS attack via GET requests for server log files
This erratum does not contain any packages.