RHSA-2016:1206 - Security Advisory
Moderate: jenkins security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An updated Jenkins package and image that includes security fixes are now
available for Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise 3.2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability
from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat is the company's cloud computing Platform-
as-a-Service (PaaS) solution designed for on-premise or private cloud
Jenkins is a continuous integration server that monitors executions of
repeated jobs, such as building a software project or jobs run by cron.
- The Jenkins continuous integration server has been updated to upstream
version 1.651.2 LTS that addresses a large number of security issues,
including open redirects, a potential denial of service, unsafe handling of
user provided environment variables and several instances of sensitive
information disclosure. (CVE-2016-3721, CVE-2016-3722, CVE-2016-3723,
CVE-2016-3724, CVE-2016-3725, CVE-2016-3726, CVE-2016-3727)
Refer to the changelog listed in the References section for a list of
This update includes the following image:
All OpenShift Enterprise 3.2 users are advised to upgrade to the updated
package and image.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.2 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.1 x86_64
- BZ - 1333133 - better retry in accessing replication controllers from openshift jenkin-plugin
- BZ - 1335415 - CVE-2016-3721 jenkins: Arbitrary build parameters are passed to build scripts as environment variables (SECURITY-170)
- BZ - 1335416 - CVE-2016-3722 jenkins: Malicious users with multiple user accounts can prevent other users from logging in (SECURITY-243)
- BZ - 1335417 - CVE-2016-3723 jenkins: Information on installed plugins exposed via API (SECURITY-250)
- BZ - 1335418 - CVE-2016-3724 jenkins: Encrypted secrets (e.g. passwords) were leaked to users with permission to read configuration (SECURITY-266)
- BZ - 1335420 - CVE-2016-3725 jenkins: Regular users can trigger download of update site metadata (SECURITY-273)
- BZ - 1335421 - CVE-2016-3726 jenkins: Open redirect to scheme-relative URLs (SECURITY-276)
- BZ - 1335422 - CVE-2016-3727 jenkins: Granting the permission to read node configurations allows access to overall system configuration (SECURITY-281)
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.2
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.1