RHSA-2012:1508 - Security Advisory
Important: rhev-3.1.0 vdsm security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated vdsm packages are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having
important security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base
scores, which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each
vulnerability from the CVE links in the References section.
VDSM is a management module that serves as a Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Manager agent on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Hypervisor or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 hosts.
A flaw was found in the way Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts were added to
the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment. The Python scripts
needed to configure the host for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization were
stored in the "/tmp/" directory and could be pre-created by an attacker. A
local, unprivileged user on the host to be added to the Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization environment could use this flaw to escalate their
privileges. This update provides the VDSM part of the fix. The
RHSA-2012:1506 Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager update must also
be installed to completely fix this issue. (CVE-2012-0860)
A flaw was found in the way Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Hypervisor hosts were added to the Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization environment. The Python scripts needed to configure the host
for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization were downloaded in an insecure way,
that is, without properly validating SSL certificates during HTTPS
connections. An attacker on the local network could use this flaw to
conduct a man-in-the-middle attack, potentially gaining root access to the
host being added to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment. This
update provides the VDSM part of the fix. The RHSA-2012:1506 Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Manager update must also be installed to
completely fix this issue. (CVE-2012-0861)
The CVE-2012-0860 and CVE-2012-0861 issues were discovered by Red Hat.
In addition to resolving the above security issues these updated VDSM
packages fix various bugs, and add various enhancements.
Documentation for these bug fixes and enhancements is available in the
All users who require VDSM are advised to install these updated packages
which resolve these security issues, fix these bugs, and add these
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 734847 - 3.1 - [vdsm] [init-script] vdsmd always restarts libvirtd upon start-up.
- BZ - 744704 - [vdsm] moveMultipleImages continues on but task fails (COW disks only)
- BZ - 772556 - vdsm installation fails when selinux is disabled
- BZ - 783383 - 3.1 - rhev-h tui: Apply and Reset buttons do not display in RHEV-M page via serial console
- BZ - 790730 - CVE-2012-0860 rhev: vds_installer insecure /tmp use
- BZ - 790754 - CVE-2012-0861 rhev: vds_installer is prone to MITM when downloading 2nd stage installer
- BZ - 797526 - 3.1 - vm recovery fail after vdsm is restarted as we try to restore vm before pool is connected
- BZ - 798635 - 3.1 - getVGInfo returns with partial luns list on domains with more than one lun which causes hsm's to fail in ConnectStorageServer
- BZ - 800367 - 3.1 - vdsm does not report the system and user cpu usage separately for vms.
- BZ - 802759 - 3.1 - deadlock after activateStorageDomain ran
- BZ - 806625 - libvirt fails to start on rhevh
- BZ - 806757 - [ovirt] [vdsm] guest video device is corrupted during saving state
- BZ - 807351 - [ovirt] [vdsm] NFS ISO\Export domain will not recover after failure if they enter (deleted) state
- BZ - 807687 - vdsm: hsm becomes non-operational after activation if changes were made to master domain or its version while host was in maintenance
- BZ - 812793 - [vdsm][addNetwork] addNetwork/setupNetworks fails to attach network to an interface.
- BZ - 813423 - All visible labels should say RHEV-M and not ovirt-engine
- BZ - 814435 - 3.1 - LUN with locally-mounted fs is reported as a valid storage domain device
- BZ - 815359 - 3.1 - vdsm: delete snapshot fails and when trying to delete it again task hangs on preparing to finish and vm is stuck in image locked
- BZ - 826467 - 3.1 - [vdsm][setupNetworks] Failed to remove bond & attach network to NIC
- BZ - 826873 - 3.1 - [vdsm][setupNetworks] Failed to resize bond
- BZ - 826921 - 3.1 - vdsm ignores options in vdsm.conf file.
- BZ - 829037 - 3.1 - Several bridgeless networks on same NIC/Bond should be avoided
- BZ - 829645 - 3.1 - [vdsm] VM moves to paused when trying to create live snapshot on iscsi domain
- BZ - 829710 - 3.1 - vdsm: host become non-responsive when blocking nfs export domain
- BZ - 830485 - [vdsm][setupNetworks] netConfigDirty flag not reported in correct place
- BZ - 830486 - setupNetwork is broken when using diff parameters
- BZ - 831528 - 3.1 - Allow multiple VLANed network together with on only one non-VLANed bridgeless network on top of NIC/Bond
- BZ - 832765 - beta2 3.1 - bridgeless networks are persisted within libvirt on creation
- BZ - 832798 - [text] Typo in exception "raise Exception("Could not like to directory. Path does not exist ") - like -> link
- BZ - 833084 - 3.1 - [Storage] Pool SPM ID value shouldn't be None !
- BZ - 833099 - 3.1 - [Storage] engine should do reconstruct master to take care the situation when the metadata is corrupted and vdsm sends to engine "general" exception.
- BZ - 833119 - 3.1 Allow to create VLANed network on top of existing bond
- BZ - 833425 - 3.1.z - vdsm cpuCores shows the wrong number of cores on multi node systems - AMD (Magny-Cours 61XX and Bulldozer 62XX)
- BZ - 833803 - 3.1 - Avoid bond breaking after network detach
- BZ - 834008 - 3.1 - Can attach the same bridge network to different interfaces
- BZ - 834105 - 3.1 - KVM version is N/A in RHEVM
- BZ - 834205 - 3.1 [vdsm][bridgeless] BOOTPROTO/IPADDR/NETMASK options are not set on interface
- BZ - 835478 - 3.1 - Add Execcmd to RHEV3.0 / VDSM
- BZ - 835784 - 3.1 - Allow to create a network on top of existing bond in additional to create a new bond and network
- BZ - 835900 - 3.1 - beta2 - Check connectivity | no revert to backup when check connectivity failed
- BZ - 835920 - 3.1 - vdsm - beta1 PosixFS: after reconstruct, data-center is UP and storage is unknown (stuck)
- BZ - 836161 - 3.1 - vdsm: move of 20-30 disks will cause image corruption
- BZ - 836562 - 3.1 - [Storage] Merge snapshot fails.
- BZ - 836954 - 3.1- Allow to break bond and create a new network on its interface in single action
- BZ - 837054 - 3.1 - Do not detach network from the bond during bond resize
- BZ - 837836 - 3.1 - vdsm: Error when trying to login to target ( invalid literal for int() with base 10 )
- BZ - 838347 - 3.1 vdsm-created /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* have bad selinux context
- BZ - 838547 - 3.1 - VDSM [Scalability]: 'OSError' during refreshStoragePool mkdir that fails over File exists.
- BZ - 838802 - 3.1 - Add config option to enable/disable sanlock
- BZ - 838924 - 3.1 - VDSM should require libvirt that fixes BZ#832184 - "Disable keepalive in libvirt by default"
- BZ - 840294 - 3.1 - vds_bootstrap reports unusable error on missing package during installation
- BZ - 840300 - 3.1 beta3 - [vdsm][bootstrap]: we do not fail installation when failing to create rhevm network
- BZ - 840386 - 3.1 - vdsm - beta1: vms with shared disk will pause due to I/O errors
- BZ - 840594 - 3.1 - beta2 VDSM | Host status unassigned when virsh and brctl bridge list do not match.
- BZ - 841863 - 3.1 beta1 - While trying to scan ISO domain - Import error append to log - scanning ends before it started
- BZ - 842115 - - 3.1 - beta3 - [vdsm] Migration fails as both source and destination shares the same UUID
- BZ - 842146 - 3.1 - [Storage][Text] Not informative error message when trying to attach import domain with wrong permissions.
- BZ - 842338 - VDSM 3.1 beta1: vdsm doesn't manage to configure bonding mode.
- BZ - 842662 - [vdsm] 3.1 beta2 - Host becomes Non responsive after rolling back from incorrect configuration
- BZ - 842771 - 3.1 beta1 - [vdsm] TypeError: cannot marshal None unless allow_none is enabled after restore from suspend (unable to migrate vm)
- BZ - 843076 - 3.1 beta2 - upgrade from engine failing due to grub2 support
- BZ - 843387 - VDSM: unable to start VM (UnboundLocalError: local variable 'volPath' referenced before assignment)
- BZ - 843498 - 3.1 - [vdsm][Networking] Change getVdsCaps reporting of networks
- BZ - 844180 - formatStorageDomain fails due to devices not being discovered in time
- BZ - 844294 - VDSM - 3.1 beta1 - VM (with thin-provision disk) enter to “paused” state, during installation OS (SPM not extending the disk)
- BZ - 844347 - 3.1 beta1 - VDSM: addNetwork Failed to attach bridge to bond interface
- BZ - 845193 - 3.1 - Remove BRIDGE from nic/bond config files (ifcfg-*) when bridged network detached
- BZ - 845346 - oVirt 3.1 - breth0 still available after registration and manual reboot
- BZ - 845525 - beta2 - VSDM is not reporting the BONDING_OPTS for bonds
- BZ - 845830 - beta2 - Its impossible to create Non_VM non_VLAN and any VLAN Network over NIC/bond in one step
- BZ - 846004 - IP disappears from the NON_VM Network on the NIC, when adding additional VLAN Network to the same NIC
- BZ - 846014 - [rhevm] [engine-core] beta2 - Hot-Plug failure adding a non-bootable VirtIO disk where OS installed on IDE disk
- BZ - 846307 - [vdsm] super-vdsm is restarted upon IO error and vdsm communicates with old socket
- BZ - 846312 - beta2 3.1 - Custom MTU is not working properly.
- BZ - 846323 - vdsm: remove storage domain fails on format command with Failed reload error
- BZ - 846376 - 3.1 - VDSM [scalability] beta2 : during connectStoragePool vdsm call 'vgs' twice for each storage domain.
- BZ - 847518 - 3.1 [Port mirroring] Failed to start second VM with port mirroring enabled while another VM with port mirroring enabled is already running
- BZ - 847733 - [beta2] [vdsm_bootstrap] failure to create rhevm network over pre-configured VLAN
- BZ - 847744 - 3.1 beta2 fenceNode verb ignores its "options" argument
- BZ - 848101 - 3.1 beta2 [vdsm] port-mirroring: vdsm doesn't remove port-mirroring after migration ends successfully on source (also for hot-plug)
- BZ - 848299 - 3.1 beta2 Failed to break BOND when bridge VLAN interface with custome MTU attached to it
- BZ - 848616 - 3.1 - vdsm-reg needs to change default port to 443
- BZ - 848728 - 3.1 - Allow VDSM to report logical cores/threads as physical cores.
- BZ - 849315 - vdsm-upgrade exits with wrong exit code
- BZ - 849542 - [vds-bootstrap] Host has 7 minute time difference with engine after installation
- BZ - 851146 - 3.1 - VDSM [Scalability] When performing storage actions vdsm stop sampling Storage Domains and engine moves host to non-operational
- BZ - 851839 - 3.1 beta3 VDSM network logs | need logs for VDSM network commands
- BZ - 852989 - 3.1 beta3 VDSM should require libvirt 0.9.10-21.el6_3.4
- BZ - 853011 - 3.1 - [vdsm] logging: 'No free file handlers in pool' when /rhev/data-center/mnt/ contains lots of directories
- BZ - 853040 - 3.1 - [vdsm] we are not cleaning /rhev/data-center/mnt/ after failed mount commands
- BZ - 853703 - 3.1 - [vdsm] python Attribute Error for DomainMonitorThread during domain state change
- BZ - 853710 - 3.1 - [vdsm] deactivateStorageDomain fails due to "storage domain does not exist" (Problem with handler, treating as timeout)
- BZ - 853910 - beta3 - Fix the check to convert block domains V0 to tag based metadata
- BZ - 853968 - 3.1 beta 3 [VDSM] getVdsCaps not update 'mtu' when removing network with MTU from nic/BOND interface
- BZ - 854027 - 3.1 - vdsm should start ksmtuned upon startup (if ksm/memory sharing is enabled on the cluster)
- BZ - 854151 - 3.1 - vdsm: iscsi connections are not disconnected when host is put in maintenance and backend is sending disconnectStorageServer
- BZ - 854212 - 3.1 useless /usr/bin/vdsm-tool should not be shipped
- BZ - 854242 - 3.1 - [vdsm] unable to delete multiple virtual disks with Wipe after delete (engine fence SPM)
- BZ - 854457 - RHEVH: The RHEVM Password can be set successfully even 'password' and 'confirm password' do not match
- BZ - 854748 - 3.1 - beta3 - [vdsm] Bump sanlock required version for EL6
- BZ - 854763 - 3.1 - vdsmd service should create directory eariler
- BZ - 854765 - beta2 - Upgrade script should successfully terminate before reboot occurs
- BZ - 854919 - 3.1 beta3 [VDSM] NON_VM_VLAN networks | MTU not updated in ifcfg-* file after removing VLAN network with higher MTU from nic/BOND
- BZ - 854953 - 3.1 - beta3 - [vdsm] Logs show AttributeError when domain is not reachable and attempting to release hostId
- BZ - 855049 - [RHEV-H] [VDSM] VDSM service failed to start - vdsm: Failed to define network filters on libvirt [FAILED]
- BZ - 855425 - 3.1 - Pool upgrade to DC 3.1 generates multiple lease files for the same template
- BZ - 855729 - 3.1 - [vdsm] change default NFS version value from 'auto-negotiate' to 'v3'
- BZ - 855887 - vdsm: reinstall of host when vdsm repo was updated from 4.9-113.3 to vdsm-4.9.6-32.0 fails on Transaction Check Error
- BZ - 855918 - Backport the vdsm configuration format for libvirt
- BZ - 855922 - vdsm: vm's fail to migrate from host with vdsm-4.9-113.3 to host with vdsm-4.9.6-32 due to "can't set attribute" error (cluster level still 3.0)
- BZ - 855924 - 3.1: vdsm: vm's fail to migrate from host with vdsm-4.9.6-32 to host with vdsm-4.9-113.3 due to KeyError: 'domainID' (cluster level still 3.0)
- BZ - 856163 - 3.1 - beta3 VDSM | Host status unassigned when libvirt network definitions refer to missing vlan, bond or nic.
- BZ - 856167 - 3.1 - [RHEV-H 6.3]Auto install RHEV-H with "management_server=$RHEV-M_IP" parameter, it failed to approve rhevh on rhevm side.
- BZ - 857112 - 3.1 - Configuration of network with Boot protocol = DHCP on specific interface will configure that interface with Boot protocl DHCP as well
- BZ - 859109 - vdsm should depend on initscripts-9.03.31-2.el6_3.1 or above
- BZ - 862002 - 3.1 [RHEV-H] VDSM service failed to start - vdsm: Failed to define network filters on libvirt [FAILED]
- BZ - 863265 - Payload cannot be set via the API
- BZ - 865386 - 3.1 - vdsm: vm's become non-responsive while upgrading pool from 3.0 to 3.1
- BZ - 866163 - 3.1 - vdsm should depend on libvirt ver libvirt-0.9.10-21.el6_3.5 (and above)
- BZ - 866533 - 3.1 VDSM: some warning in upgrade of 4.9-113-3 to 4.9.6-36
- BZ - 867354 - Configure the selinux sanlock_use_nfs boolean
- BZ - 867806 - Hotplug NIC should fail when an action of enabling port mirroring on the VM fails
- BZ - 867813 - If VM migration fails on source host, then on destination host the destroy VM fails with AttributeError: 'NetworkInterfaceDevice' object has no attribute 'name'
- BZ - 867922 - [vdsm-bootstrap] vdsm-bootstrap of rhevm-3.0 cannot bootstrap vdsm-4.9.6 (3.1)
- BZ - 868272 - 3.1 - Save the correct (raw) volume size in the metadata during createVolume
- BZ - 868681 - [RACE]: Error in forceIScsiScan when putting hsm host in maintenance and deactivating domains at the same time (disconnect storage server is failing)
- BZ - 868721 - Improve logging for the lastCheck value returned by getVdsStats
- BZ - 870024 - 3.1.z - vdsm: Unexpected exception when upgrading local/NFS domain from 3.0 to 3.1
- BZ - 870079 - 3.1 - packaging: vdsm and vdsm-cli conflict causes rhevm-3.0 bootstrap to fail
- BZ - 870734 - 3.1 - rehvm-3.0 cannot bootstrap vdsm-4.9.6 as it does not start libvirtd
- BZ - 870768 - 3.1 - multipath? [vdsm] ReconstructMasterDomain fails in ConnectStoragePool - cannot find master domain
- BZ - 871355 - 3.1 - [vdsm] Zombie VDSM processes remain when Export NFS or ISO NFS domain is blocked
- BZ - 871811 - 3.1 [vdsm] createVolume failsfor file based storage (NFS and local storage)
- BZ - 872270 - 3.1 - [vdsm] Pool link is missing under /rhev/data-center after failure of storage domain during live-snapshot (altough host sees both pool and storage domain)
- BZ - 872935 - [vdsm] Threads leakage after failure of storage domain
- BZ - 874481 - 3.1 - vdsm [Live Storage Migration]: vm fails to resume after being paused on ENOspace
- BZ - 876115 - 3.1 - [vdsm] moveImage fails in case 'force' option is True and image doesn't exists on destination storage domain
- BZ - 876558 - 3.1 - engine: live snapshot fails due to race on multiple move of disks (live storage migration)
Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 6