RHSA-2011:1090 - Security Advisory
Moderate: rhev-hypervisor security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An updated rhev-hypervisor package that fixes one security issue and
several bugs is now available.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in
the References section.
The rhev-hypervisor package provides a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Hypervisor ISO disk image. The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Hypervisor is a dedicated Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) hypervisor.
It includes everything necessary to run and manage virtual machines: A
subset of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating environment and the Red
Hat Enterprise Virtualization Agent.
Note: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is only available for
the Intel 64 and AMD64 architectures with virtualization extensions.
A flaw was found that allowed napi_reuse_skb() to be called on VLAN
(virtual LAN) packets. An attacker on the local network could trigger this
flaw by sending specially-crafted packets to a target system, possibly
causing a denial of service. (CVE-2011-1576)
Red Hat would like to thank Ryan Sweat for reporting CVE-2011-1576.
This updated package provides updated components that include fixes for
security issues; however, these issues have no security impact for Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor. These fixes are for bash issue
CVE-2008-5374; curl issue CVE-2011-2192; kernel issues CVE-2010-4649,
CVE-2011-0695, CVE-2011-0711, CVE-2011-1044, CVE-2011-1182, CVE-2011-1573,
CVE-2011-1593, CVE-2011-1745, CVE-2011-1746, CVE-2011-1776, CVE-2011-1780,
CVE-2011-1936, CVE-2011-2022, CVE-2011-2213, CVE-2011-2492, CVE-2011-2525,
and CVE-2011-2689; libvirt issue CVE-2011-2511; and rsync issue
This update also fixes several bugs. Documentation for these bug fixes will
be available shortly from the Technical Notes document linked to in the
As Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is based on KVM, the bug
fixes from the KVM update RHBA-2011:1068 have been included in this update:
Users of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are advised to
upgrade to this updated package, which resolves this issue and fixes the
bugs noted in the Technical Notes.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 5 x86_64
- BZ - 629830 - Wipe metadata on local disks before RHEV-H installs
- BZ - 633919 - Adding log rotation to /var/log/brcm-iscsi.log
- BZ - 664378 - Timeout of the registration to RHN Satellite is more than expected
- BZ - 667434 - RHEV: "single" kernel boot argument should be added to kill list
- BZ - 681984 - RFE: request to include useful debugging tools
- BZ - 690691 - Remove rhev-hypervisor-pxe subpackage which is no longer used
- BZ - 695173 - CVE-2011-1576 kernel: net: Fix memory leak/corruption on VLAN GRO_DROP
- BZ - 698469 - RFE: systemtap-runtime inclusion
- BZ - 708959 - dirty install fail at partition sometimes as race condition
Red Hat Virtualization 5