RHSA-2008:0636 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Low
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Red Hat Network Satellite Server version 5.1.1 is now available. This
update includes fixes for a number of security issues in the Red Hat
Network Satellite Server Sun Java Runtime Environment.
This update has been rated as having low security impact by the Red Hat
Security Response Team.
This release corrects several security vulnerabilities in the Sun Java
Runtime Environment shipped as part of Red Hat Network Satellite Server
5.1. In a typical operating environment, these are of low security risk as
the runtime is not used on untrusted applets.
Multiple flaws were fixed in the Sun Java 1.5.0 Runtime Environment.
(CVE-2008-3103, CVE-2008-3104, CVE-2008-3107, CVE-2008-3111, CVE-2008-3112,
Users of Red Hat Network Satellite Server 5.1 are advised to upgrade to
5.1.1, which resolves these issues.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the
Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Network Satellite 5.1 (for RHEL Mainframe) 5.1 s390
- Red Hat Network Satellite 5.1 (for RHEL Server) 5.1 x86_64
- BZ - 452658 - CVE-2008-3107 JDK untrusted applet/application privilege escalation (6661918)
- BZ - 452659 - CVE-2008-3103 OpenJDK JMX allows illegal operations with local monitoring (6332953)
- BZ - 454601 - CVE-2008-3104 Java RE allows Same Origin Policy to be Bypassed (6687932)
- BZ - 454605 - CVE-2008-3111 Java Web Start Buffer overflow vulnerabilities (6557220)
- BZ - 454606 - CVE-2008-3112 Java Web Start, arbitrary file creation (6703909)
- BZ - 454607 - CVE-2008-3113 Java Web Start arbitrary file creation/deletion file with user permissions (6704077)
- BZ - 454608 - CVE-2008-3114 Java Web Start, untrusted application may determine Cache Location (6704074)
Red Hat Network Satellite 5.1 (for RHEL Mainframe) 5.1
Red Hat Network Satellite 5.1 (for RHEL Server) 5.1