RHSA-2007:0520 - Security Advisory
Moderate: xorg-x11-xfs security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated X.org packages that address a flaw in the way the X.Org X11 xfs
font server starts are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The X.Org X11 xfs font server provides a standard mechanism for an X server
to communicate with a font renderer.
A temporary file flaw was found in the way the X.Org X11 xfs font server
startup script executes. A local user could modify the permissions of a
file of their choosing, possibly elevating their local privileges.
Users of the X.org X11 xfs font server should upgrade to these updated
packages, which contain a backported patch and are not vulnerable to this
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 242903 - CVE-2007-3103 init.d xfs script chown race condition vulnerability
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5