RHSA-2007:0342 - Security Advisory
Moderate: ipsec-tools security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated ipsec-tools packages that fix a denial of service flaw in racoon
are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The ipsec-tools package is used in conjunction with the IPsec functionality
in the linux kernel and includes racoon, an IKEv1 keying daemon.
A denial of service flaw was found in the ipsec-tools racoon daemon. It was
possible for a remote attacker, with knowledge of an existing ipsec tunnel,
to terminate the ipsec connection between two machines. (CVE-2007-1841)
Users of ipsec-tools should upgrade to these updated packages, which
contain a backported patch that resolves this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 235388 - CVE-2007-1841 ipsec-tools racoon DoS
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5