RHSA-2005:072 - Security Advisory
perl-DBI security update
Security Advisory: Low
An updated perl-DBI package that fixes a temporary file flaw in
DBI::ProxyServer is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
This update has been rated as having low security impact by the Red Hat
Security Response Team.
DBI is a database access Application Programming Interface (API) for
the Perl programming language.
The Debian Security Audit Project discovered that the DBI library creates a
temporary PID file in an insecure manner. A local user could overwrite or
create files as a different user who happens to run an application which
uses DBI::ProxyServer. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project
(cve.mitre.org) has assigned the name CAN-2005-0077 to this issue.
Users should update to this erratum package which disables the temporary
PID file unless configured.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 145577 - CAN-2005-0077 perl-DBI insecure temporary file usage
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4