RHEA-2009:1272 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
A new KVM package that adds a new hypervisor for full virtualization is now
KVM (for Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution
for Linux on x86 hardware.
KVM is a Linux kernel module built for the standard Red Hat Enterprise
Linux kernel. KVM can run multiple unmodified, virtualized guest Windows
and Linux operating systems. KVM is a hypervisor which uses the libvirt
virtualization tools (virt-manager and virsh).
The KVM hypervisor cannot run at the same time as the Xen hypervisor. Both
hypervisors, Xen and KVM, can be installed on the same system, however,
only one hypervisor can be used at a time.
KVM is only available for the Intel 64 and AMD64 architectures.
For more information on changing hypervisor or using KVM refer to the Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Virtualization Guide.
All users requiring KVM should install this newly released package.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- BZ - 496150 - Export HOST UUID through SMBIOS to show in guest dmidecode
- BZ - 500263 - Import RHEV kvm fixes added between kvm-83-35.el5ovirt and kvm-83-42.el5ovirt
- BZ - 500717 - qemu-kvm can generate invalid screendumps during reboot
- BZ - 501693 - must notify success of exec migration on destination
- BZ - 501729 - Pull RHEV bugfixes between kvm-83-42.el5ovirt and kvm-83-52.el5ovirt
- BZ - 501777 - kvm doesn't build on newer RHEL-5.4 kernels because of get_user_pages_fast()
- BZ - 503790 - virtio balloon: add a command-line option to disable it at runtime
- BZ - 503793 - Pull RHEV bugfixes between kvm-83-52.el5ovirt and kvm-83-58.el5ovirt
- BZ - 503811 - Pull disable-virtio-balloon patch from RHEV branch
- BZ - 503955 - Move qemu-kvm to /usr/libexec
- BZ - 504018 - kernel oops at kvm_get_intr_delivery_bitmask+0x4e/0x86
- BZ - 504047 - kvm doesn't use native get_user_pages_fast()
- BZ - 504237 - Pull RHEV bugfixes for RHEL
- BZ - 504351 - KVM-QEMU: 100% CPU - VM stuck scenario (trying to boot from CD in the 2nd reboot)
- BZ - 504647 - Low UDP throughput from Linux KVM guest
- BZ - 504713 - BIOS bug - processor goes missing with RHEL3U8 boot kernel
- BZ - 505090 - Virtual machine fails to start without cdom - qemu: could not open disk image /dev/sr0
- BZ - 505440 - Panic on suspend with KSM module loaded
- BZ - 505641 - Remote VNC client can cause any QEMU VNC server to crash with a double-free
- BZ - 507659 - Migrate command not end and vm responseless on Nahalem host
- BZ - 507730 - KVM: SVM: Remove port 80 passthrough (upstream backport)
- BZ - 507733 - KVM: protect concurrent make_all_cpus_request (upstream backport)
- BZ - 507880 - qemu hangs during VNC connection from RHEVM
- BZ - 508623 - Only 1 processor can be detected in "systeminfo" of win2k3 guest with -smp 2 and ACPI multiprocessor HAL.
- BZ - 508776 - KVM: MMU: limit rmap chain
- BZ - 508861 - kvm: add tap send buffer limit to help UDP networking
- BZ - 509208 - KVM fixes to make gPXE boot ROMs work
- BZ - 510087 - KVM: limit lapic periodic timer frequency
- BZ - 510806 - KVM: invoke pci_reset_function() when PCI device assigned or deassigned to a guest
- BZ - 511031 - qemu-kvm hang during migration when stress test is running in the guest
- BZ - 512712 - Support huge pages in KVM
- BZ - 512894 - Disable hpet by default
- BZ - 512898 - Enable rtd-hack by default
- BZ - 513098 - KVM: take mmu_lock when updating a deleted slot (upstream backport)
- BZ - 513252 - Asignation instead of comparation inside if
- BZ - 513394 - KVM: SVM: force new asid on vcpu migration (upstream backport)
- BZ - 513946 - keyboard is slow in windows SMP guest.
- BZ - 514526 - Reset qxl, vdi irq line on guest reset
- BZ - 514887 - Mouse and keyboard of guest are unavailable after migration-[kvm-83-101.el5]
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5