RHBA-2021:0510 - Bug Fix Advisory
OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.18 bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.6.18 is now available with
updates to packages and images that fix several bugs.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container
Platform 4.6.18. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory.
See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated
shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
This update fixes the following bugs among others:
- Previously, when Conditional Tasks failed, they would be improperly read by the UI and show as `pending`. As a result, the Pipeline run would show a permanent `pending` status for each failed task. This update applies both the `skipped` icon and the color grey to the task when it fails to be read. Thus, users now see Conditional Tasks that have failed as `skipped` instead of `pending`, providing a clearer picture of the Pipeline run state.
- Previously, some Helm chart repositories generated unresolvable relative URLs, which were unreachable while instantiating a helm release from a chart. This update ensures that relative chart URLs are translated to absolute (reachable) URLs while instantiating a release from a chart.
- Previously, if the hostname from the vSphere metadata was not set before the NetworkManager started, the vSphere metadata would be ignored. This update now sets the hostname as `vsphere-hostname.service` before the NetworkManager starts, so long as this information is available within the vSphere metadata.
- Previously, pull secret errors where the authorization key was not base64 encoded were not propagated through the build stack; this made determining the root cause of build errors difficult. This update allows errors like `invalid key build pull` to propagate through the build stack. As a result, determining the root cause of pull secret errors is now easier for users.
- Previously, if the `DeploymentConfig` API returned more than 250 Pods, some Pod information was unavailable. As a result, the OpenShift desktop application would crash. This update ensures that the application does not crash when the project contains more than 250 Pods.
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata
(For x86_64 architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.6.18-x86_64
The image digest is sha256:08ef16270e643a001454410b22864db6246d782298be267688a4433d83f404f4
(For s390x architecture)
$ oc adm release info
The image digest is
(For ppc64le architecture)
$ oc adm release info
The image digest is
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 users are advised to upgrade to these
updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate
release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console
or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.6 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.6 for RHEL 8 s390x
- BZ - 1848945 - [OpenShift on OpenStack] Routes failed to access once ingress port VIP is on RHEL worker
- BZ - 1879103 - Failed validations on the cluster after installation completed
- BZ - 1883917 - [4.6] OVN cluster unstable after running minimal scale test
- BZ - 1887813 - [CNV][V2V] Default network type is bridge for interface bound to POD network in VMWare migration wizard
- BZ - 1889460 - [4.6] ovnkube-master may segfault when trying to add IPs to a nil address set
- BZ - 1891107 - p&f: Increase the concurrency share of workload-low priority level
- BZ - 1891544 - [release 4.6] Add ContainerRuntimeConfig gatherer
- BZ - 1892386 - Vertical Pod Autoscaler (VPA) not working with DeploymentConfig
- BZ - 1896167 - HAProxyReloadFail alert only briefly fires in the event of a broken HAProxy config
- BZ - 1900991 - accessing the route cannot wake up the idled resources
- BZ - 1902054 - [sig-network] multicast when using one of the plugins 'redhat/openshift-ovs-multitenant, redhat/openshift-ovs-networkpolicy' should allow multicast traffic in namespaces where it is enabled
- BZ - 1910372 - Passthrough credentials are not immediately re-distributed on update
- BZ - 1911260 - PLR and TR Logs component is not streaming as fast as tkn - 4.6
- BZ - 1912720 - [4.6] 4.7 to 4.6 downgrade stuck in clusteroperator storage
- BZ - 1914342 - "No datapoints found" for RHEL node's filesystem graph
- BZ - 1914848 - oauth-apiserver service should be monitored by prometheus
- BZ - 1915013 - OpenShift Console give error when a PipelineRun is viewed.
- BZ - 1915050 - bootstrap does not run on additional networks if configured for master in install-config
- BZ - 1915467 - [release-4.6] AWS EBS CSI Driver can not get updated cloud credential secret automatically
- BZ - 1915667 - Messages flooded in thanos-querier pod- oauth-proxy container: Authorization header does not start with 'Basic', skipping basic authentication in Log message in thanos-querier pod the oauth-proxy
- BZ - 1916297 - [OCP4] all of the OCP master nodes with soft-anti-affinity run on the same OSP node
- BZ - 1916378 - Pipeline Runs with skipped Tasks incorrectly show Tasks as "Failed"
- BZ - 1916406 - Helm chart repository index can contain unresolvable relative URL's
- BZ - 1916601 - Put correct resource name in relatedObjects
- BZ - 1916868 - teach CCO about upgradeability from 4.6 to 4.7
- BZ - 1917149 - [oVirt] Consume 23-10 ovirt sdk
- BZ - 1917928 - Installer bootstrap node setting of additional subnets inconsistent with additional security groups
- BZ - 1918012 - oc adm catalog mirror ignore index image push all image into mirror
- BZ - 1918367 - Manila CSI operator becomes degraded if user doesn't have permissions to list share types
- BZ - 1918494 - Disconnected cluster upgrades are failing from the cli, when signature retrieval is being blackholed instead of quickly rejected
- BZ - 1918510 - [vsphere][ipi] directory path is incomplete, terraform can't find the cluster
- BZ - 1919359 - need better debug for bad pull secrets
- BZ - 1920493 - Visualization does not render when Pipeline & Task share same name
- BZ - 1920530 - System roles are not present while trying to create new role binding through web console
- BZ - 1921603 - Cannnot load deployment config in Openshift 4.6.9
- BZ - 1923054 - oc returns an error while using -o jsonpath when there is no resource found in the namespace
- BZ - 1924224 - Console bug - source code URL broken for gitlab self-hosted repositories
- BZ - 1924670 - OpenStack IPI has three-node control plane limitation, but InstallConfigs aren't verified
- BZ - 1925539 - [sig-builds][Feature:Builds] verify /run filesystem contents do not have unexpected content using a simple Docker Strategy Build
- BZ - 1926732 - Large number of tcp connections with shiftstack ocp cluster in about 24 hours
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.