RHBA-2019:3953 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.2.9 is now available with
updates to packages and images that fix several bugs.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container
Platform 4.2.9. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory.
See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated
shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.2.9
The image digest is sha256:f28cbabd1227352fe704a00df796a4511880174042dece96233036a10ac61639
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 users are advised to upgrade to these
updated packages and images.
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for release 4.2.9, for important instructions on
how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1755190 - [ovn] Failed to create pods, CNI request failed with status 400: 'Nil response to CNI request
- BZ - 1759611 - [Proxy]machine configs are not updated when proxy.config.openshift.io gets updated
- BZ - 1764703 - Ship updated ostree for s390x support
- BZ - 1765808 - elasticsearch-proxy clusterrolebinding has been overwritten as istio-system elasticsearch even though openshif-logging elasticsearch is configured that.
- BZ - 1767182 - conformance test Prometheus when installed on the cluster should report less than two alerts in firing or pending state should include alert names when it fails
- BZ - 1767848 - Setting manual approval strategy ignored for subsequent releases
- BZ - 1767865 - Kubevirt pages for management console do not load on Edge browser
- BZ - 1769482 - Collect openshift-network-operator namespace on must-gather
- BZ - 1769808 - [4.2] Use protobuf in SDN clients to reduce CPU usage
- BZ - 1770223 - [proxy] report-progress.sh on bootstrap need external api server to create bootstrap configmap resource
- BZ - 1770779 - Some NodeFilesystem* alerts display wrong percentage
- BZ - 1775327 - [OLM] cannot install the service mesh operator.
- BZ - 1775413 - Placeholder bug for OCP 4.2.z rpm release
- BZ - 1775531 - Add the AWS cli to the OSP CI image
- BZ - 1775542 - payload 4.2.8 need the signature
- BZ - 1775736 - KubeAPI server doesn't accept patch requests > 1MB
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 for RHEL 7