RHBA-2019:0121 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Virtualization Manager (ovirt-engine) 4.2.8
Bug Fix Advisory
An update is now available for Red Hat Virtualization Manager.
The Red Hat Virtualization Manager is a centralized management platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual machines. The Manager provides a comprehensive range of features including search capabilities, resource management, live migrations, and virtual infrastructure provisioning.
The Manager is a JBoss Application Server application that provides several interfaces for accessing and interacting with the virtual environment, including an Administration Portal, a User Portal, and a Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API).
Changes to the Red Hat Virtualization Manager component:
- Neutron from Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 configured to use Open Virtual Network can be used as an external network provider on Red Hat Virtualization 4.2.8 with one limitation.
If a VM with a vNIC on an external network provided by Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 neutron with OVN Modular Layer 2 plugin migrates to another host, the port status displays as ‘down’ despite the port working properly. (BZ#1630861)
- This release adds the support of Windows clustering for iSCSI based direct attached logical unit numbers. (BZ#1638746)
- This release supports a new WARN message in the Red Hat Virtualization Manager log on startup if overlapping ranges are found within a MAC pool or between MAC pools. Each warning details the outcome as applicable. (BZ#1639460)
- This release supports neutron from Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 configured to use OpenDaylight as an external network provider on RHV 4.2.z with the same port status limitation described in BZ#1630861. (BZ#1648624)
- This release ensures that during Red Hat Virtualization Manager upgrades from 4.1 to 4.2.8, the network interfaces display properly on the 4.1 host with the bond defined. (BZ#1659960)
- This fix addresses listing disk profiles on a storage domain that have a Quality of Service link set where the href attribute value for the QoS link does not display for each listing. This release ensures that all QoS link values are visible. (BZ#1647025)
- This fix addresses the attempt to move a disk with a damaged ancestor (e.g., the ancestor doesn't have an entry in the 'images' table), which leads to an NPE and an error. If the error persists, a possible workaround is to use the API to move the disk between storage domains. The fix documents the error in the Red Hat Virtualization Manager log. (BZ#1646992)
- This release allows the number of I/O threads to be set in the web user interface VM dialog. This enhancement complements the existing REST API to set the number of I/O threads, allowing users the option to use either the REST API or the web user interface to set the number of I/O threads. (BZ#1651649)
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager now requires JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.2.0. (BZ#1657878)
- This fix addresses a warning message while cloning a VM with an attached direct logical unit number or a shareable disk. This release ensures the cloning succeeds, informs that the task is in process, and does not display the error message. (BZ#1658514)
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 no longer supports the 3.6 and 4.0 data centers and cluster levels. This fix adds a service that runs weekly to evaluate existing data centers and raises an alert to audit the inability to upgrade to 4.3 if the data center is compatible with either versions 3.6, 4.0, or both versions. (BZ#1659650)
- Previous Red Hat Virtualization installations of 3.6 ELS and 4.1 introduced "Intel Haswell Family-IBRS" Cluster CPU type for Meltdown/Spectre mitigations. Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 refers to this CPU type as "Intel Haswell IBRS Family." This release updates the CPU type name and the previous name updates automatically on upgrade. (BZ#1662923)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2 x86_64
- BZ - 1630861 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] [RFE] - Certify OVN from OSP 13 via Neutron API with external OSP provider on RHV 4.2.z
- BZ - 1635196 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Pool does not appear for user in group until refresh
- BZ - 1637818 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] engine-vacuum fails with 'vacuumdb: command not found'
- BZ - 1638746 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] [CodeChange] Provide SCSI reservation support for virtio-scsi via rhev-guest-tools for win-8 and win-2012 guests using Direct-Lun as disks
- BZ - 1639460 - [RFE] inter-mac-pool or intra-mac-pool overlapping ranges: warn if found
- BZ - 1639650 - Hosted Engine VM is selected for balancing even though the BalanceVM command is not enabled for HE
- BZ - 1639742 - After importing KVM VM, removing the VM and re-importing, the re-importing fails
- BZ - 1641634 - Verify functionality of RHV 4.2.7 with EAP 7.2
- BZ - 1646992 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Move Disk dialog keeps spinning - API method works
- BZ - 1647025 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] RESTAPI listing diskprofiles only shows 1 href for the same QoS even if there are more domains with the same QoS
- BZ - 1647384 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] During cold reboot treatment, RunVm did not run for some VMs
- BZ - 1647388 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Power on on already powered on host sets VMs as down and results in split-brain
- BZ - 1648624 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] [RFE] - Certify ODL via Neutron API with external OSP 13 provider on RHV 4.2.z
- BZ - 1649267 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] [RHEL76] libvirt is unable to start after upgrade due to malformed UTCTIME values in cacert.pem, because properly renewed CA certificate was not passed to hosts by executing "Enroll certificate" or "Reinstall"
- BZ - 1649615 - [downstream clone] engine fails to imports external VMs
- BZ - 1651132 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Managing tags fails with ConcurrentModificationException
- BZ - 1651649 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Cannot set number of IO threads via the UI
- BZ - 1653231 - [RHV 4.2.7] Uncaught exception while adding vmware as an external provider
- BZ - 1655027 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] RemoveVmCommand doesn't log the user
- BZ - 1655087 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Command entities left in ACTIVE state after HostUpgradeCheckCommand
- BZ - 1655271 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Snapshot tab of a VM doesn't show any snapshots and reports java.lang.NullPointerException: html is null in UI.log
- BZ - 1657764 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Updating template of VM Pool leaves tasks stuck after VMs shutdown
- BZ - 1657878 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Bump EAP requirements from 7.1.3 to 7.2
- BZ - 1658117 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] GetAllVmStatsVDSCommand sent host to Not-Responding status after upgrade
- BZ - 1658514 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Clone VM with Direct LUN fails on UI but succeeds on backend.
- BZ - 1658589 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Engine sent duplicate SnapshotVDSCommand, causing data corruption
- BZ - 1659650 - Periodically check existing data centers and raise alert that 3.6/4.0 data center levels are not supported in RHV 4.3
- BZ - 1659960 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] After upgrade to 4.2, admin portal host interface view does not load
- BZ - 1660529 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] LSM encountered WELD-000049 exception and never issued live merge
- BZ - 1661876 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] No exclamation icon when bond with an LACP is misconfigured
- BZ - 1662923 - [downstream clone - 4.2.8] Old 'Intel Haswell Family-IBRS' cluster CPU type not renamed during the upgrade
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2