RHBA-2016:2888 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated cockpit packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Extras.
Cockpit is a server administration interface that makes it easy to administer GNU/Linux servers through a web browser.
The cockpit packages have been upgraded to upstream version 122, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. Most notable changes are:
- Cockpit can now rollback network configuration that would otherwise disconnect an administrator from the system.
- Unmanaged network devices are now shown.
- The list of docker containers can be filtered and expanded inline.
- Cockpit can be a "bastion host" by using the login page to connect to an alternate system through SSH.
- Only connect to an alternate system if it has a known SSH host key.
- When connecting to other systems, each SSH connection is run in a separate process.
- Fixes bugs that prevent the "Logs" page from working in Firefox 49.
- A network proxy can be used when registering with Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions.
- A system can be unregistered when using Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions. (BZ#1334723)
- The default flags for new VLAN devices have been fixed. (BZ#1390605)
Users of cockpit are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1334723 - [RFE] Cannot resubscribe a system
- BZ - 1338681 - [RFE] Should provide a field to configure proxy server when register to RHSM
- BZ - 1368764 - use network interface name as connection ID
- BZ - 1390273 - Rebase Cockpit in RHEL Extras 7.3.1
- BZ - 1390605 - Can't receive ip for vlan devices that were configured with cockpit version 118
- BZ - 1394665 - Subpackages need to depend on newer base package
- BZ - 1394667 - regression when activating virtual interfaces
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7