RHBA-2016:1702 - Bug Fix Advisory
redhat-virtualization-host bug fix and enhancement update for RHV 4.0
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated redhat-virtualization-host packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
Changes to the ovirt-node component:
- Previously, the iSCSI initiator name was lost after reboot. Now, the iSCSI initiator name is persistent and is retained after reboot. (BZ#1314489)
Changes to the rhev-hypervisor component:
- With this update, the new Anaconda installer has added the ability to identify individual disks. This change was required to ensure the correct installation decisions are made. (BZ#1289551)
- With this update, RPM-based firmware updates can now be installed. (BZ#1323479)
- With this update, the swap partition can be placed on a separate device. This allows a user to put the swap partition on a device suitable for this specific load, which differs from the load on the root filesystem. (BZ#864010)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 x86_64
- BZ - 1269338 - RHEV hypervisor installation fails if any of the mapped lun to the server contains partial Volume Group
- BZ - 1281845 - [RFE] Preserve local Storage Domains when installing RHEV-H
- BZ - 1289551 - [RFE] Need a way for RHEV-H to ensure it installs on an appropriate LUN
- BZ - 1309887 - [RFE] Install redhat-access-insights RPM on RHEV-H
- BZ - 1314489 - [RHEV-H] iSCSI initiatorname changing back to default after reboot
- BZ - 1318083 - virt-who failed to connection rhevm through proxy since rhevh7.2 with old python-rhsm package
- BZ - 1335410 - Failed to run virt-who-password command in rhev-hypervisor7-ng
- BZ - 1336639 - RHEV-H: Bond device shows 'Driver: unknown'
- BZ - 1344061 - "Technology Preview" is in /etc/redhat-release RHEV-H-NG 4.0 beta build
- BZ - 1347621 - RHEL 7.2 beta info is in RHEV-H-NG /etc/*-release
- BZ - 1353158 - Welcome to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client 7.2 (Maipo)! in RHVH boot screen
- BZ - 1353944 - [RFE][Rebrand]Change ISO name from RHEVH to RHVH
- BZ - 1353948 - [RFE][Rebrand]Change the media.repo in ISO from RHEV-H to RHVH
- BZ - 1353950 - [RFE][Rebrand]Change the grub.cfg in ISO from RHEV-H to RHVH
- BZ - 1360677 - RHVH not able to upgrade through engine in 4 beta2
- BZ - 1362192 - Use el7_2 instead of el7 suffix for the rpm
- BZ - 1364911 - Remove "Beta" keyword because RHVH in RC phase.
- BZ - 1364969 - "Pre-release" page not need anymore in RC phase.
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4