RHBA-2015:0247 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated the following packages to fix several bugs in Red Hat Satellite 6:
Red Hat Satellite is a system management solution that allows organizations to configure and maintain their systems without the necessity to provide public Internet access to their servers or other client systems. It performs provisioning and configuration management of predefined standard operating environments.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- BZ1122924 Subscription data for search is stored in elastic search. This data was not being correctly refreshed during normal operations. The fix causes the appropriate re-indexing to occur. The data should be available to the API and hammer.
- BZ1128245 The subscription manager command displayed in the Satellite user interface was not accurate. Users who copy and paste the displayed command failed to register their machines. The command has been changed to the correct text.
- BZ1150434 Empty strings in the Operating System object were not being treated correctly. This resulted in multiple records in the Operation System view. The code has been fixed to treat these strings correctly which results in a correct view.
- BZ1161636 The Content View Version API contained extraneous data, which resulted in long page rendering. The fix removes this extraneous data, resulting in acceptable page rendering time.
- BZ1173613 Subscription data for search is stored in elastic search. This data was not being refreshed correctly during normal operations. The fix causes the appropriate re-indexing to occur. The result is that the product data is also removed.
BZ1176157 Repository syncs were regenerating metadata in the same task. This caused a dependency between synchronization and metadate regeneration. To fix the issue, the capsule synchronization now initiates asynchronously. removing the dependency between tasks.
- BZ1183114 Refreshing manifests with fewer subscriptions than the original fail when products are deleted from the manifest. To fix this issue, manifest actions do not delete Red Hat products, allowing the manifest update to occur.
- BZ1191662 Attempting to delete a repository caused the exception "undefined method `can?' for nil:NilClass". The code has been fixed to handle nil values correctly so that the user can delete repositories.
- BZ1191661 Attempting to delete a lifecycle environment resulted in a task whose name was a stack trace, causing users viewing the tasks some confusion. The fix populates the name correctly so that users can view the tasks in an intuitive fashion.
- BZ1193076 Attempting to delete a content view caused the exception "undefined method `can?' for nil:NilClass". The code has been fixed to handle nil values correctly so that the user can delete content views.
All Red Hat Satellite 6 users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages to resolve the bugs above.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
Run 'katello-service restart' on your Satellite server after applying this errata.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Satellite 6.0 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Satellite 6.0 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 1122924 - hammer do not show subscriptions I want to add to activation key
- BZ - 1128245 - WebUI suggested subscription-manager registration command does not work
- BZ - 1150434 - Multiple Centos in Operation System
- BZ - 1161636 - Content View Versions page takes a long time to list
- BZ - 1173613 - Product subscription not deleted after product delete
- BZ - 1176157 - Repository syncs should initiate capsule sync asynchronously
- BZ - 1191661 - Lifecycle environment delete tasks lists bad 'name'
- BZ - 1191662 - Repository delete results in failed task
- BZ - 1193076 - Content View Remove fails with error 'undefined method `locations=' for nil:NilClass'
Red Hat Satellite 6.0 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Satellite 6.0 for RHEL 6