RHBA-2014:0033 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An updated ovirt-node package that fixes various bugs and contains a number of
enhancements is now available.
The ovirt-node package provides the utilities and recipes used to create and
configure the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor ISO image.
Note: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is only available for the
Intel 64 and AMD64 architectures with virtualization extensions.
Some of the highlights included in this release are:
- This feature enables iSCSI software root support by enabling a small footprint
installation on the physical machine. Root and HostVG can be located on an iSCSI
target enabling usage of small drives for installation. (BZ#520111)
- IPv6 support has been added to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
The IPv6 function is enabled in the hypervisor TUI, and the NIC can receive IPv6
addresses. This is available in version rhev-hypervisor6-6.5-20131017.0.iso.
- A new feature has been developed, which is to create a new installer based on
the new TUI code-base. This has been done because the new codebase is more
flexible and supports features like response to screen resize request and mouse
input. The installer has been migrated to the new TUI codebase and utilizes all
its features. (BZ#911400)
- After successfully adding a host, the information for rhevm bridge was not
displayed in TUI. The TUI was displaying information for the em1 interface which
was not relevant. To fix this the following keys were added to let the TUI know
about the management instance which is managing the node, important NICs on the
system, and pages to be locked. (BZ#1017173)
- In previous upgrades cron was used to reboot the system. During the
installation process the installer wrote a new crontab file, but the installer
did not remove the crontab entry after an upgrade. This meant the system kept on
rebooting. To fix this, the crontab entry responsible for rebooting the system
is removed at boot, this ensures that the system is not kept in a reboot cycle.
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor now provides third party plugin
support, which allows independent software vendors (ISVs) to load applications
onto the hypervisor. This provides tools for developers to inject third party
plugins onto the hypervisor ISO image, to extend hypervisor functionality while
maintaining compatibility. (BZ#688331)
Detailed descriptions for other bug fixes and enhancements in this release are
provided in the Technical Notes book:
Users of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are advised to upgrade
to this updated package, which corrects these issues and adds these
This ovirt-node package is included in the rhev-hypervisor6 package
associated with advisory RHSA-2014:0041:
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 6 x86_64
- BZ - 791111 - RFE: It would be better if TUI can fill the full screen.
- BZ - 811327 - RFE: enable ipv6 TUI
- BZ - 827358 - "Failed to read image" info show in grub if installed RHEV-H via livecd.
- BZ - 859364 - [RFE] Disable "Apply" until there is a valid input
- BZ - 871327 - "unlock" is not centered in ssh session
- BZ - 878776 - when install rhevh via TUI on iscsi storage,the description of storage is unknown.
- BZ - 879528 - There is redundant output when run multipath -ll.
- BZ - 881597 - [storage.py] Miss some log info in ovirt.log by using function "logging.info"
- BZ - 885850 - RHEVH iSCSI initiator name change not persistent until a reboot
- BZ - 885959 - Auto install RHEV-H failed into device that wasn't managed by multipath with "iscsi_install" parameter.
- BZ - 885961 - Auto install RHEV-H missed to create appvg with "iscsi_install" parameter.
- BZ - 886819 - Boot rhev-h failed with kernel panic after enabled iSCSI boot on Dell smbios 2.6+ machine
- BZ - 887253 - A popup should be shown in the installer when the user tries to continue without providing the current admin password
- BZ - 887744 - Validation process for "current password" still display "Current Password Invalid" when force cursor on the current password field.
- BZ - 890276 - A minor cosmetic defect occurs on man page of node-creator.
- BZ - 896532 - cleanup unnecessary yum related files from RHEV-H images
- BZ - 901428 - [RFE] Improve page load time for TUI installer
- BZ - 901438 - The IPv4 Settings changed from 'Static' to 'Disabled' and Protocol display none after register rhev-h to RHEV-M
- BZ - 901489 - Auto install RHEV-H failed with "storage_init=scsi:3600*" parameter after clean install rhev-h into that device.
- BZ - 901490 - Register RHN will fail after register satellite.
- BZ - 903947 - Auto install RHEV-H failed with "iscsi_install" parameter for this especial iscsi storage that need set initiatorname to discovery targets.
- BZ - 903989 - The second time kdump will failed and report "kdump NFS location cannot be empty" if choose kdump to NFS first time.
- BZ - 904044 - rhev-h still prompt that "Please input CA/URL" after configure "Satellite" without CA/URL and then configure "RHN"
- BZ - 906690 - The grub miss the backup version after upgrade in legacy machines.
- BZ - 907721 - The man page of edit-node miss some parameters info.
- BZ - 907806 - [RFE][RHEV-H 6.4]"Bytes Used" shouldn't be edited after disabled "AES-NI"
- BZ - 910816 - [RFE] node upgrade command-line interface
- BZ - 911398 - RFE: Develop a new setup UI for configuring RHEV-H
- BZ - 911400 - RFE: New installation TUI using the new setup codebase
- BZ - 911413 - RFE: Allow configuration via puppet
- BZ - 911414 - RFE: provide a way through the Config TUI to get diagnostic information
- BZ - 911677 - Lock page has no indication that a failed password was entered
- BZ - 911835 - Automated Installation parameters miss "AES-NI" and "NFSv4"
- BZ - 912024 - Improve man page of edit-node
- BZ - 912711 - RFE: Upgrade Enhancements for ovirt-node/RHEV-H
- BZ - 913338 - The device name of the second hard disk can't show in TUI installation process.
- BZ - 913579 - RFE:re-write rhn page for new UI
- BZ - 915765 - Kernel Panic when installing RHEVH 6.4 from PXE with vlan parameter
- BZ - 916498 - [RFE]red screen observed while clicking on "Flash Lights to Identify" button.
- BZ - 916514 - rhev-h produce the booting in 30...29...28...27...26 appending each line instead of replacing.
- BZ - 921023 - There is a minor typo on CIM configuration page
- BZ - 922772 - ovirt-node-2.6.1 based on rhel 6.3 repo can't auto install via pxe
- BZ - 924527 - Miss "splash.xpm.gz" in (hd0, 0)/grub/ after enabled iSCSI boot via PXE.
- BZ - 924528 - [RFE] Better to support "edit-node rhev-h-xxx.iso" for edit-node script
- BZ - 924531 - support iSCSI boot in UEFI mode machine
- BZ - 924575 - Auto install: Debug messages mess up on network page.
- BZ - 927543 - login rhevh as "admin" with correct passwd failed.
- BZ - 946994 - [RFE]Provide Validation process to check all services start success or not when configuring them in TUI.
- BZ - 947149 - logrotate.status: Read-only file system error: could not read state file, will not attempt to write into it.
- BZ - 947216 - persist command does not work on /etc/hosts file after reboot.
- BZ - 947807 - No space left on device message mess up the TUI
- BZ - 949574 - rpcbind can't write state files
- BZ - 950494 - 'nomodeset' miss in Basic Video when boot on EFI supported machine
- BZ - 950893 - remove existing efi entries when uninstall rhev-h in uefi mode machine.
- BZ - 951602 - RHEV-H environment is missing kernel modules, breaking kdump over network
- BZ - 955543 - [RFE]Rewrite "the reboot implementation" in ovirt_boot_setup(self, reboot="N") of install.py
- BZ - 956568 - Auto install RHEV-H failed with "storage_init=ata:ALL" parameter.
- BZ - 956963 - rhev-h produce the booting in 30...29...28...27...26 appending each line instead of replacing.
- BZ - 957098 - Useless options appear on ssh restart page
- BZ - 957273 - autoinstall password should be scrubbed before logging
- BZ - 957437 - it install failed on uefi machine after rebuilding the rhevh iso with the edit-node command.
- BZ - 957458 - RHEV-H title and manifest details info of installed plugins are overlapped.
- BZ - 959957 - Auto install RHEV-H with "BOOTIF=link" parameter, it will enter tui install process not auto install process .
- BZ - 960314 - autoinstall RHN registration shows package updates
- BZ - 960846 - Support to configure keyboard Layout for Automated Installation
- BZ - 960886 - [RFE]Enhance the function "_cleanup_editing" for edit-node
- BZ - 961331 - RFE: enhance CPE logic to support layered RHEV-H images
- BZ - 961706 - Auto install RHEV-H failed with "storage_init=/dev/sda,/dev/sda" parameter.
- BZ - 962610 - [RFE]Enable functionality "install" and "install-plugin" for edit-node
- BZ - 962737 - The file /etc/idmapd.conf will be incorrect if you configured NFSv4 Domain with the same words in /etc/idmapd.conf.
- BZ - 966863 - Useless character "H" appears on log view page when TUI installation failed.
- BZ - 967812 - It should be better to display completed when set Logrotate Max Size to five digits
- BZ - 967866 - Allow configuring bridgeless networks on ovirt-node
- BZ - 969988 - An exception has occurred when view installed plugins details
- BZ - 970015 - [RFE] The profile name should be displayed in Red Hat Network page
- BZ - 971673 - RHEV-H will hung for a long time if simultaneously operation the logging menu on local host and serial console
- BZ - 972309 - Error code show in ping test results page when input host length are more then 64 characters.
- BZ - 975285 - Delete option 'nomodeset' in kernel parameters for the selected boot option that wasn't marked Basic Video.
- BZ - 975291 - The boot option "Boot(Basic Video)" should not appear in Boot Menu
- BZ - 976342 - Rebase to ovirt-node-3.0.0
- BZ - 976446 - kdump fails to start on initial installation
- BZ - 978210 - Auto install rhev-h into uefi machine failed
- BZ - 978226 - TUI: NIC model always display "unknown" in Network page on Dell smbios 2.6+ machine .
- BZ - 980359 - Difference in the amount of CPU/cores retrieved.
- BZ - 980365 - Drop "Monitoring page" from ovirt-node downstream
- BZ - 980371 - An exception occurred when view "lsblk" diagnostic utilities in Diagnostic page.
- BZ - 980420 - Ping screen freezes when ping an unreachable target
- BZ - 980422 - Miss process to check "Confirm Password" keep the same value with "Password"
- BZ - 980451 - When configure NFSv4 domain, it will report an error
- BZ - 980452 - It reports an error when select Keyboard and Performance through ssh using wireless
- BZ - 980465 - The status of nic was shown "unconfigured" when configure nic with "static ipv4"
- BZ - 980783 - Better to disable the function "Kernel Dump" using "NFS/SSH" before configured network
- BZ - 980795 - enhance password tool with some usability fixes
- BZ - 981097 - Disable “Use Bridge” failed after configure nic with "Bridge"
- BZ - 981101 - Throw an exception "Unknown network interface: 'bond0'" when selecting a bond to configure.
- BZ - 981142 - [RFE] Need indication when press F2 key
- BZ - 981145 - Command "less" doesn't work well
- BZ - 981168 - Change the Netmask into Prefix Length in IPv6 settings and using digital as its value
- BZ - 981169 - Configure nic with "vlan" failed .
- BZ - 981265 - Should be better to use seperate line to display Rsyslog and Netconsole instead of comma
- BZ - 981279 - Should use '' to separate ipv6 server and port number in status page
- BZ - 981554 - Throw an exception when configure "iscsi initiator name" with an empty string.
- BZ - 981576 - Miss validations for SSH Location when configuring kdump with ssh
- BZ - 981592 - Change "return" to "enter" in keyboard layout screen.
- BZ - 981596 - Disable F2 key when starting installing RHEV-H.
- BZ - 981597 - "PRODUCT_NAME" arguments not assigned in other device page
- BZ - 981606 - identify the existing configuration in keyboard Layout Selection page
- BZ - 981614 - Should replan which format of hostname is valid
- BZ - 982425 - The transaction page also shown info "(2/2) configuring SSH AES NI" when only configuring ssh password authentication.
- BZ - 982445 - It covers the orginal /etc/profile file when configuring AES-NI
- BZ - 982528 - "Press esc to quit" prompt doesn't show in console
- BZ - 982534 - TUI: Clean DNS server 1/2 failed
- BZ - 983449 - No “weak password" indication when set a weak password
- BZ - 984344 - Using "Require a password for the admin user" instead of "Require a password for local console access"
- BZ - 985228 - Can not synchronization the TUI between remote connection using ssh and local host
- BZ - 985275 - RHEV-H will hung on installation process if leave the password blank.
- BZ - 986830 - Support to configure logrotate maxsize for Automated Installation
- BZ - 988477 - color branding is missing from 6.5 hypervisors
- BZ - 988484 - cim and snmp plugin pages are missing from tui
- BZ - 988486 - lsblk diagnostic not working
- BZ - 988628 - USB Flash Drive install of rhevh created via dd fails
- BZ - 988666 - An error occurred while configuring puppet in transaction puppet page
- BZ - 988668 - TUI:miss "Reset" button for puppet page
- BZ - 988671 - TUI:miss colon for the Entry "Puppet Certificate Name"
- BZ - 988683 - cpe name incorrect in rhev-h 6.5 initial build.
- BZ - 988696 - Prompt FATAL to screen when change profile from spindown-disk to any one.
- BZ - 988712 - upgrade from RHEV-H 6.4 Update 4.2 to 6.5 latest via TUI failed
- BZ - 988723 - Auto upgrade from RHEV Hypervisor 6.4 to 6.5 will be failed because of a minimum required size of ROOT
- BZ - 989389 - Catch the "KeyboardInterrupt" when inputting "Ctrl+c" during configuring KDump SSH
- BZ - 989391 - TUI:need to fix kdump page refresh after save
- BZ - 989419 - Bond0 generated automatically when only create Bond[1-9]
- BZ - 989811 - Disable run setup in rescue mode
- BZ - 990965 - Report error when configure network with static IPv4 mode
- BZ - 991289 - edit-node can't install multiple packages as manpage said
- BZ - 991296 - The status of nic was shown "unconfigured" when configure nic with "static ipv6"
- BZ - 991353 - Serivce lldpad/netconsole fails to start during booting rhev-h
- BZ - 991375 - Should not accept the configuration when it is actually failed in Kdump
- BZ - 991408 - system: which() always return None
- BZ - 992916 - rhev-h will create a bond named "bond=bond0" when auto install it with "bond=bond0:eth1" parameter
- BZ - 993525 - Should not generate a iso file when installation is a iso file
- BZ - 994435 - Unable to add customised snmp Mib file to /usr/share/snmp/mibs/ location in the rhev-h. After persist also its not going to be available after reboot.
- BZ - 995700 - Met "nomodeset" spelling mistakes in efi boot configuation
- BZ - 998822 - Can't register to SAM when auto install RHEVH 6.4-20130815.0.el6_4
- BZ - 999348 - [RFE] Add TUI information to log file.
- BZ - 1000867 - rhev-h will change the user custom keyboard layout into "U.S English" after reboot
- BZ - 1001004 - Miss package hdparm which is used in tune function file
- BZ - 1001468 - The bonding params need to be verified and adjusted if needed to prevent serious network degredations
- BZ - 1002357 - Color of enabled and disabled input widgets doesn't differ
- BZ - 1002832 - Change other NICs with the same configuration of IPv6 once you configured one NIC
- BZ - 1003489 - copy_dir_if_not_exist raises exception during boot
- BZ - 1006844 - Jump to plugin tab via TUI up error
- BZ - 1007148 - Should not change the others NICs with bridge when you only confiugred one
- BZ - 1007417 - RHEV 6.5 (20130910.2.el6) - add vdsm port on iptables
- BZ - 1008377 - rhev-h auto install failed during create_hostvg for iscsi boot
- BZ - 1008795 - Netconsole service do not work when server is setted up as ipv6 address
- BZ - 1008841 - Kernel panic during kdump when the nfs location is ipv6 address
- BZ - 1009221 - RHEV-H install failed via TUI & Auto
- BZ - 1012487 - Missing debug informations for installer thread
- BZ - 1012496 - Capturing stderr during transactions leads to an exception
- BZ - 1013547 - Add TUI information to log file.
- BZ - 1013766 - lldpad fails to start on RHEV-H startup
- BZ - 1014855 - edit-node man page missing uid/gid options
- BZ - 1016348 - Shown "None" for RHN configuration Transaction title
- BZ - 1016351 - TUI:need to fix missing rhn page refresh
- BZ - 1016373 - Met clear /etc/puppet/puppet.conf issue
- BZ - 1016386 - Missed persist puppet.conf in puppet_page.py
- BZ - 1016393 - puppet:Command 'puppet agent --test' returned non-zero eixt status 1
- BZ - 1016416 - [RFE] Add --shell option to edit-node
- BZ - 1016502 - No warning pop-up when set data size beginning with "-1*"
- BZ - 1016557 - RHN Transaction page throw exception when registering to SAM
- BZ - 1016619 - RHEV Hypervisor - 6.5 - 20130918.0.el6 - Network error after host approval (icmp blocked by iptables on host)
- BZ - 1016985 - edit-node:using --list-plugins option to list Installed Plugins incorrectly
- BZ - 1017029 - It will occur an error while pressing F8 and selecting journal(systemd)
- BZ - 1017104 - Could not use new password login after upgrade
- BZ - 1017514 - Miss SetKeyboardLayout action in upgrade progess
- BZ - 1017526 - virt-who is not built automatically in the RHEVH
- BZ - 1017539 - progress_page:missed persist /etc/vconsole.conf and /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
- BZ - 1017583 - Can't set data size to -1 manually during TUI installation
- BZ - 1018447 - There is a typo on TUI upgrade page.
- BZ - 1018452 - Typo in man page of edit-node of the explanation of --install-kmod
- BZ - 1018456 - Miss install OpenIPMI during installing ovirt-node-plugin-ipmi and start ipmi service when loading IPMI page
- BZ - 1019623 - edit-node man page missing --shell options
- BZ - 1020583 - Can't set swap and logging partition to 0 as the prompt inforamtion says
- BZ - 1020662 - The item of bond name could accept "bond10" although it prompt that this filed must be bond[0-9]
- BZ - 1020700 - dracut:FATAL:No netboot configured, bond is invalid when auto install with bond
- BZ - 1020774 - Register to RHN failed when auto install with RHN parameters.
- BZ - 1021321 - Blank page will show after switch to logging menu.
- BZ - 1021349 - Error version in /etc/system-release-cpe
- BZ - 1021353 - The grub miss the backup version after upgrade in uefi machines.
- BZ - 1021559 - snmp does not work
- BZ - 1022375 - Miss create "Data" logical volume when using the default value of "Data" in storage_vol_page
- BZ - 1022435 - Throw "argument 1 must be Entity, not None" exception when setting cim password
- BZ - 1023452 - Save the value of "Logrotate Max Log Size" into file "/etc/logrotate.d/ovirt-node" failed
- BZ - 1023642 - Throw "TypeError("The type (<type 'bool'>) of OVIRT_PUPPET_ENABLED" error when disabling puppet
- BZ - 1023644 - Miss disable_puppet function in puppet_page.py
- BZ - 1024672 - cim %post scriptlet fails
- BZ - 1026222 - Should not accept configure SNMP without provide password
- BZ - 1026647 - Better to disable "enter" button works for the fan status table of ipmi page
- BZ - 1032497 - Should be 'Tuned Confiugration' instead of 'tuned Configuration' in the performance page
- BZ - 1033508 - libguestfs doesn't work because it can't find a kernel in ovirt-node
- BZ - 1035111 - igb kernel module doesn't load after inserting MegaRAID kernel module in rhevh iso image
- BZ - 1036061 - [RHEVH] RHEVH upgrade failed ... ImportError: No module named puppet.puppet_page .
- BZ - 1048932 - Shared configuration keys to pass management informations
Red Hat Virtualization 6