RHBA-2013:1071 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated mingw-virt-viewer package is now available.
The MinGW Windows virt-viewer console application implements, among other
things, the client side of SPICE protocol. This package contains the
remote-viewer executable, the next generation of spice-client.
Changes to the mingw-virt-viewer component:
- An issue with sticky Windows/super keys after pressing Win+L has been fixed.
- Virt-viewer now allows the user to do arbitrary monitor arrangement when going
fullscreen. This allows for greater flexibility to permit each individual
display to go fullscreen on its current monitor. (BZ#974594)
- Previously, "AltGr" keys, such as @ or |, did not work with certain keyboard
layouts, such as de-CH when using a Windows client with a Red Hat Enterprise
Now, "AltGr" keys are passed correctly from the client to the guest so that
these keyboard layouts work as expected. (BZ#973659)
- Previously, virt-viewer did not respect the auto configuration of monitors as
set by the client machine.
Now, monitor settings are respected by virt-viewer and no longer need to be
manually changed every time the virtual machine is restarted. (BZ#973664)
- Previously, trying to use smartcard passthrough in Enhanced Protected Mode of
Internet Explorer 10 caused virt-viewer to crash.
Now, the code has been updated so that smartcards can be successfully used in
Enhanced Protected Mode of Internet Explorer 10. (BZ#973733)
- Previously, killing the first virt-viewer display when using multiple monitors
on Windows guests would result in the other monitors losing functionality, due
to the loss of the Windows task bar from the first display.
Now, virt-viewer also disables the first monitor, so the guest can place the
taskbar on the remaining monitors. (BZ#973660)
- Previously, running live host migration while viewing streaming videos such as
Youtube on Windows clients would cause the graphics to freeze.
Now, running live host migration does not affect streaming videos. (BZ#973657)
- Previously, keyboard input focus was improperly captured. This led to
situations in which the win key could be captured by the guest and the client at
the same time.
Now, keyboard input focus has been improved. (BZ#973652)
Administrators of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environments should install
this new package.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To install or upgrade to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.2 refer to the
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.2 x86_64
- BZ - 973652 - Keyboard input focus broken (mostly win key captured by both guest and client)
- BZ - 973657 - Virt-viewer client video graphics stops during migration.
- BZ - 973660 - Killing first virt-viewer display (Main display in Windows) of 4 will result in no functionality of remaining 3 virt-viewer windows.
- BZ - 973664 - virt-viewer does not respect auto configuration of monitors
- BZ - 973733 - virt-viewer with smartcard crashes in Enhanced Protected Mode of IE10
Red Hat Virtualization 3.2