RHBA-2013:0556 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-node bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated ovirt-node package that fixes various bugs, and adds a number of
enhancements, is now available.
The ovirt-node package provides the utilities and recipes used to create and
configure the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor ISO image.
Note: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is only available for
the Intel 64 and AMD64 architectures with virtualization extensions.
This updated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor package fixes
numerous bugs, and adds a number of enhancements. Documentation for these
changes is available in the Technical Notes document:
Users of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are advised to upgrade
to this updated package, which corrects these issues and adds these
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 6 x86_64
- BZ - 757631 - TUI:"Use arrow keys to choose option" miss if configure network with logical network in vlan ENV.
- BZ - 799708 - [RFE] Display CPU type + extended information on status screen
- BZ - 805789 - TUI: The URL and CA fields are empty after register to SAM.
- BZ - 811585 - need man page for edit-node script
- BZ - 811586 - need man page for node-creator script
- BZ - 816900 - There is a flash screen when move up and down between pages.
- BZ - 823646 - Revert delay on kdump bridge
- BZ - 823651 - RFE: add dup injection tool to RHEV-H
- BZ - 823735 - RFE: add tool to inject new rpms into rhevh
- BZ - 823736 - RFE: add yum to RHEV-H image for offline rpm installation
- BZ - 823738 - RFE: add ability to rebuild initramfs to plugin injection tool
- BZ - 823745 - RFE: edit-node tool should alter version information
- BZ - 823748 - RFE: edit-node tool should update manifest files stored in the iso image
- BZ - 823751 - RFE: plugin injection tool should keep records of changes in rootfs
- BZ - 823899 - RFE: Add tui screen to report plugin information
- BZ - 824621 - Revert dhcp backup changes
- BZ - 824800 - Ovirt log show the RHN proxy password in plaintext.
- BZ - 825146 - snmp auth cannot work with new passwd after some action
- BZ - 825160 - Change network with netconsole loaded cause kernel panic
- BZ - 825735 - RFE: Provide tui screen to set partition sizes
- BZ - 825955 - Unable to obtain SAM status after reboot host.
- BZ - 826461 - It would be better if the keyboard layout in alphabetical order.
- BZ - 826860 - Help rootnoverify info show in grub when edit kernel command line if install RHEV-H via livecd
- BZ - 826863 - Disable vlan id when set network to disable
- BZ - 826922 - rhev fails to boot from local disk under UEFI mode on DELL optiplex 990
- BZ - 827309 - ONBOOT parameter doesn't change to no after disable network.
- BZ - 827331 - RHEVH version info doesn't show in boot menu when boot from livecd in UEFI machine.
- BZ - 827333 - Console doesn't report failure reason when auto install RHEV-H to non-existent disk.
- BZ - 827383 - The default boot version is not latest one and the backup one boot failed.
- BZ - 827408 - netconsole doesn't work after configured in TUI
- BZ - 827713 - RFE: drop rhev-hypervisor-tools package
- BZ - 828142 - new password could be set even without enter old password in TUI upgrade
- BZ - 829193 - "Use arrow keys to choose option" prompt doesn't show in serial console.
- BZ - 829200 - Penguins pic show in uefi boot process.
- BZ - 829248 - the CIM and SNMP Password can be set successfully even passwords does not match
- BZ - 830004 - "Configuring the RHEV Manager connection" show twice in installation process.
- BZ - 830691 - RHEV-H TUI: Network settings get lost when configuring nic
- BZ - 831177 - rhev-h: the first parameter of storage_vol don't be effective any more
- BZ - 834166 - RHEV-H subdirectory lost in /var/log
- BZ - 834207 - RHEV-H installation process didn't filter out livecd device which managed by multipath
- BZ - 835495 - [RFE] -RHEV-H didn't filter out virtual network interface(vnet0) in Network page
- BZ - 837228 - Redundant "XXX" occurs on ovirt.log when register to RHN with invalid password
- BZ - 837249 - Ovirt log show the rhn proxyPassword in plaintext
- BZ - 837609 - Only show "Please input:-IPv4 Gateway Address" when setting "IPv4 address", "Netmask" and "Gateway" to blank
- BZ - 837614 - The "DHCP" should be marked "*" to show the network configured by using "DHCP" in network detail page
- BZ - 837745 - TUI: RHEVH can't display NIC model in Network page when configuring network with vlanid
- BZ - 837808 - TUI: better to display proxy and proxy port separately after register to RHN with proxy
- BZ - 843493 - [RHEV-H 6.3] TUI:better to keep Rsyslog and Netconsole can't be set before configuring network
- BZ - 846326 - ovirt-node: persistent libvirt network definitions do not persist after boot
- BZ - 847103 - Upgrade script should successfully terminate before reboot occurs
- BZ - 847515 - Not all required kernel modules are loaded for the sanlock to run (create NFS Storage Pool will fail)
- BZ - 847997 - RHEV-H upgrade failed in UEFI machine.
- BZ - 848991 - remove unneeded functionality in edit-node
- BZ - 852245 - the disable option should remain disable after apply the config in kdump page
- BZ - 854918 - "reset" jump to network interface configuration page
- BZ - 854925 - SNMP failed to auth if the password have space
- BZ - 855734 - [RFE] add configuration support for NFSv4 in TUI menus
- BZ - 856171 - Installer did not ignore the invalid device lead to a installation failure
- BZ - 857378 - RHEV-H create Volume group should only on user selected disk.
- BZ - 857846 - Configured a static ip for RHEV-H and registered RHEV-M successful, status page should display "static" not "none".
- BZ - 858196 - Disable network and press "apply" button in kdump menu will report "Kdump configuration failed, location unreachable".
- BZ - 858246 - CIM could not be set successfully after upgrading from 6.2 to 6.3
- BZ - 858258 - At the page of Kernel Dump behind "SSH Location (firstname.lastname@example.org)" lack of a colon
- BZ - 858629 - [RFE] Provide ping test on TUI
- BZ - 858651 - Network can be set by DHCP successfully, even with no IPv4 Settings is selected.
- BZ - 858983 - Nic driver change from bnx2 to e1000 after configured in vlan ENV.
- BZ - 858984 - [RHEV-H 6.3] NIC failed to up after configured it by using "DHCP" Protocol with vlanid and reboot rhev-h.
- BZ - 859352 - Invalid apply should not overwrite the previous kdump configuration
- BZ - 859389 - Manually mounting fuse client on RHEV-H gluster-virt ISO fails
- BZ - 859873 - The IPv4 Settings changed from 'DHCP' to 'Disabled' and Protocol display none, when update rhevh on rhevm
- BZ - 860279 - 3.1 - rhevm interface is removed together with other networks
- BZ - 860534 - Removing the content of NTP Server 1 will cause an exception and then lead to a blank page
- BZ - 860541 - [RHEV-H 6.3] Better to back into previous page after clicked "Back" button.
- BZ - 861311 - Interactive reinstall or upgrade rhev-h, at the page of configure password there is a truncated sentence on screen.
- BZ - 862351 - auotinstall fails to complete due to being terminated
- BZ - 863994 - '/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules' is miss on Dell smbios 2.6+ machine
- BZ - 865237 - RHN Registration fails with activation key defined via PXE
- BZ - 865564 - don't minimize dracut config
- BZ - 865687 - Set CA with the value which is the same as URL, RHEV-H hung on the window of "Applying Configuration".
- BZ - 865703 - Dracut module isn't working
- BZ - 866269 - rhn registration reports invalid credentials
- BZ - 866274 - cannot register to SAM using activationkey
- BZ - 866283 - Cannot persist: /var/lib/rhsm/productid.js when register RHEV-H to SAM.
- BZ - 866299 - [python code]Persist function "ovirt_store_config" still print info "Successfully persisted" when persisted the inexisted file.
- BZ - 866300 - [python code] Persist function "ovirt_store_config" persisted the list files failed.
- BZ - 866585 - Bootprotol is not shown for NICs with VLANID
- BZ - 867265 - [storage.py]Using function "cross_check_host_app" to check AppVG overlaps with HostVG failed .
- BZ - 867387 - Port mirroring is not working on RHEVH as some modules are missing
- BZ - 867746 - CIM Successfully Enabled even without a password.
- BZ - 867784 - [RHEV-H 6.4] The "DHCP" was marked "*" in network detail page if configured nic by using "static"
- BZ - 867832 - remove the validation when the object is blank
- BZ - 868194 - Option "Satellite" was marked "*" after registered RHN successful.
- BZ - 868199 - Use arrow key up and down across the field of URL or CA will lead rhev-h title disappear.
- BZ - 868200 - Select cancel but the ping still run and output the results.
- BZ - 868206 - [RHEV-H 6.4]Better to show that "Network Down, Configure "Kernel Dump" using "NFS/SSH" Disabled" before configured network
- BZ - 868209 - Value of 'Bytes Used' in Strong Random Number Generator can not display completely
- BZ - 868212 - Spell mistake in warning 'Please select a bigger drive o change the partition sizes'
- BZ - 868213 - [RHEV-H 6.4][RFE]Better to show an example about "NFSv4 Domain"
- BZ - 868215 - An exception occur when set partition size of Log as '0'
- BZ - 868258 - [storage.py]Using function "check_partition_sizes" failed to check "ROOTDRIVESPACE" is enough for "ROOT_NEED_SIZE"
- BZ - 868762 - [RHEV-H 6.4]The boot option "Boot(Basic Video)" should not appear in Boot Menu
- BZ - 868767 - [RHEV-H 6.4]Delete option 'nomodeset' in kernel parameters for the selected boot option that wasn't marked Basic Video.
- BZ - 868776 - [RHEV-H 6.4]Check "Available Space" and "Required Space" didn't work well on Disk Space Check Page during installing process.
- BZ - 868848 - Invalid value of Bytes Used is accepted and saved
- BZ - 869137 - Default partition size of Boot should be 50MB and Root(+Root backup) should be 512MB
- BZ - 869172 - [RHEV-H 6.4] Auto install RHEV-H failed to pvcreate HOSTVG after clean install rhev-h success via TUI.
- BZ - 869513 - KDump SSH can be set and saved without providing a correct password
- BZ - 869514 - Delete the first DNS server on TUI does not reflect in /etc/resolv.conf
- BZ - 869516 - Meaningless warning was given when set blank characters as ping test host
- BZ - 869537 - Without network set, ntp.conf couldn't be persisted
- BZ - 869631 - [RHEV-H 6.4]RHEV-H only use "Other Device" to create HOSTVG.
- BZ - 869866 - Error message shows if set NFSv4 as ' ' and apply
- BZ - 869927 - Option 'restore(local)' in KDump cannot be disabled after configuration
- BZ - 869984 - [RHEV-H 6.4]the netconsole didn't work although it's service still was running after reboot rhev-h
- BZ - 870314 - Host cannot show up on rhevm if hostname of rhevh is empty
- BZ - 870335 - When execute virt-who with -d option in a registered host via CLI, there is no debug info display
- BZ - 870427 - [RHEV-H 6.4]/etc/init.d/cgconfig does not work well.
- BZ - 870436 - Manually entered DNS server can not be removed. PEERDNS will always be set once it has been set)
- BZ - 870938 - RHEV-H 6.4]Failed to validate the validity and the retrieve of the Satellite CA path
- BZ - 871212 - [RFE] Atomic persist config file
- BZ - 871242 - [ovirtfunctions.py] function "unmount_logging_services" only stop the first one of the list services which keep /var/log busy
- BZ - 871651 - Provide a separate warning box when hostname too long
- BZ - 872062 - [RHEV-H 6.4] Option 'NFS/SSH' in KDump cannot be disabled after configuration
- BZ - 872083 - [RHEV-H 6.4]TUI: NIC model always display "unknown" in Network page on Dell smbios 2.6+ machine .
- BZ - 872114 - [RHEV-H 6.4]Auto install RHEV-H into usb device Failed to vgcreate /dev/HostVG after clean install rhev-h success into local device.
- BZ - 872115 - /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf is miss after TUI install which will cause cannot install the host in RHEVM
- BZ - 872469 - Failed to store snmp password to /etc/snmp/snmp.conf when disable snmp.
- BZ - 872502 - Auto install RHEV-H failed with "storage_init=/dev/sda, /dev/sdb" parameter.
- BZ - 873115 - Logging partition size is always around 2048MB after install
- BZ - 873146 - TUI:The device name is not displayed in disk selection pages on storage device(3T) machine.
- BZ - 874377 - "Virtualization hardware was detected but is disabled" miss in TUI when disable Intel/AMD virtuallization support in BIOS.
- BZ - 874396 - An exception was shown after reboot rhev-h and register to same Satellite.
- BZ - 874530 - Kernel panic while rebooting after successfully installing RHEV-H
- BZ - 875061 - Add --no-check-certificate to the wget related to local_boot_trigger kernel parameter for RHEVH
- BZ - 876076 - rhev-h behavior should be consistent when upgrade it via cmdline and TUI/RHEV-M
- BZ - 876899 - Provide a Validation process for "Profile Name" when register Satellite.
- BZ - 878743 - An exception was shown when upgrade rhev-h via usb boot media menu
- BZ - 879498 - DNS info is missed after reboot rhev-h
- BZ - 879542 - Kernel panic occurs during auto installation if there were two PV existing
- BZ - 880030 - The /EFI/redhat/grub.conf missed backup version and the grub title does not update to latest after upgrade rhev-h via cmdline in uefi mode
- BZ - 880099 - need to unblacklist /usr/sbin/rpc.idmapd
- BZ - 880925 - Disk Details item still shows "/dev/XXXXX" device info When checking Other Device
- BZ - 880938 - Overwrite existed HostVG function didn't work during TUI install process
- BZ - 881536 - Debug messages mess up the screen when checking Other Device
- BZ - 881570 - Create HostVG cross 2 different disk failed by using "Other Device" item
- BZ - 883391 - Amount of loopback devices limits number of VMs that may run sysprep at the same time
- BZ - 885018 - cannot generate dump file when configure with local path
- BZ - 886390 - there is a ovirtnode.storage error shows on TUI installation page
- BZ - 887149 - An exception has occurred when view CPU details in RHEV-H host that doesn't support hardware virtualization.
- BZ - 887743 - Option "RHN" was marked "*" after registered Satellite successful
- BZ - 888650 - edit-node option "--XXXX=XXXX" is treated as a invalid option
- BZ - 889007 - Need change all of words about "retreive" into "retrieve " in rhn.py
- BZ - 890283 - Cancel the ping should return to network page
- BZ - 894228 - vdsm-tool report "ImportError: No module named semanage" during boot
- BZ - 895354 - unblacklist setools-libs-python and setools-libs since vdsm-tool requires it
- BZ - 895413 - Exception occurs when choose other device in TUI install
- BZ - 901473 - The /EFI/redhat/grub.conf missed backup version after upgrade rhev-h via rhevm in uefi mode
- BZ - 902677 - Miss /etc/init.d/rpcbind service in rhev-h 6.4.
- BZ - 903398 - The iscsi initiator name is being modified during a RHEV-H upgrade.
Red Hat Virtualization 6