RHBA-2012:0741 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-node bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated ovirt-node package that fixes various bugs, and adds a number of
enhancements, is now available.
The ovirt-node package provides the utilities and recipes used to create and
configure the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor ISO image.
Note: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is only available for
the Intel 64 and AMD64 architectures with virtualization extensions.
This updated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor package fixes
numerous bugs, and adds a number of enhancements. Documentation for these
changes is available in the Technical Notes document:
Users of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are advised to upgrade
to this updated package, which corrects these issues and adds these
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 6 x86_64
- BZ - 628599 - there should be a validation process for iscsi initiator name setup
- BZ - 699498 - newtUI: Right side of Config menu should be selection activated rather than 'Return' activated
- BZ - 734711 - RFE: Installation finished screen are not in the center.
- BZ - 742170 - The configure page of network device show incorrect info after configure multiple nics
- BZ - 742997 - Configure ssh sessions to have a default timeout
- BZ - 748725 - rhev-hypervisor livecd can't boot after enable UEFI
- BZ - 749621 - boot fails on EFI machine after installed
- BZ - 755458 - netconsole does not work
- BZ - 759138 - Fix color scheme of ovirt-node over ssh
- BZ - 761026 - vlan id should not accept a space in it
- BZ - 767037 - /etc/rsyslog.conf is not persistent
- BZ - 767038 - start netconsole service immediately after configure it in TUI or after a reboot.
- BZ - 768878 - RHEV-H shouldn't up more than one nics in vlan ENV.
- BZ - 769693 - Drop augeas overrides from ovirt-node
- BZ - 770123 - Remove max_cstate=1 from the oVirt Node kernel command line default options
- BZ - 772806 - Disable LRO for all NICs that have LRO enabled
- BZ - 772809 - Revert Disable LRO for all NICs that have LRO enabled
- BZ - 772902 - Register to RHN by run command "ovirt-config-rhn" failed.
- BZ - 781707 - RHEV-H TUI: Network settings get lost when configuring nic
- BZ - 781929 - network layout is incorrect when configure network with nic up
- BZ - 783362 - The grub are different between auto and interactive install.
- BZ - 783391 - The network device with vlan ENV display "disabled" instead of "dhcp" on TUI.
- BZ - 783392 - RHN Satellite CA path changed to "/etc/sysconfig/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT" and report "invalid path"
- BZ - 783395 - Logs always display "local only" in status page.
- BZ - 787995 - RHEV-H 6.2 register to SAM failed via TUI.
- BZ - 788179 - autoinstall fails when local_boot or upgrade not passed on command line
- BZ - 789246 - Default option are not the same in kdump menu between auto and TUI install.
- BZ - 789247 - RHN menu: Background of Apply/Reset button changed after register to RHN
- BZ - 790981 - autoinstallation fails due to a bad import
- BZ - 791057 - rhn plugin should support auto install
- BZ - 791109 - RHEV-H 6.3: TUI clean install RHEV-H to CCISS failed.
- BZ - 791122 - RHEV-H 6.3: Register to RHN failed.
- BZ - 795346 - RHEV-H 6.3: Can't view detail log file in TUI
- BZ - 795524 - RFE: add SNMP configuration to the TUI
- BZ - 795690 - RHEV-H 6.3: RHEV-H save invalid configuration
- BZ - 795706 - Press "enter" on Network will jump to nic configure page suddenly.
- BZ - 796902 - log viewer screen "Return to Menu" button not visible
- BZ - 797108 - DNS server changed unexpectedly even without change on the TUI
- BZ - 798176 - RHEV-H hung after configure kdump to unknown place.
- BZ - 798688 - add booted in efi info message to installer menu
- BZ - 799791 - RHEV-H 6.3 TUI： RHEV-H installation Failed
- BZ - 805540 - rhev-h regenerates SSH host keys on every system boot
- BZ - 805570 - rhev-h complains about missing /etc/multipath/wwids on boot
- BZ - 805583 - RFE: Need to show the Host Key somewhere in the TUI
- BZ - 806626 - reboot after install hangs indefinitely
- BZ - 806627 - console colors over ssh should be painted red
- BZ - 806628 - install hangs indefinitely during storage partitioning
- BZ - 806823 - [RFE] make "continue" is selected by default on the device selection window
- BZ - 807041 - RFE: packaging changes for ovirt-node
- BZ - 808666 - RHEV-H 6.3 TUI: Need remove the blank page
- BZ - 808675 - RHEV-H 6.3 TUI: Can't login REHV-H after log off.
- BZ - 808687 - RHEV-H 6.3 TUI: /etc/sysconfig/keyboard can't be persist.
- BZ - 808699 - /etc/init.d/ovirt-cim does not work well.
- BZ - 808709 - Non-English keyboard does not work
- BZ - 810444 - RHEV-H 6.3: Auto install RHEV-H with "hostname" parameter, it does not work
- BZ - 810459 - Cannot login after set admin user password in rescue mode.
- BZ - 811134 - RHEV-H 6.3: Auto install RHEV-H with "ssh_pwauth" parameter, it does not work
- BZ - 811137 - RHEV-H 6.3: Upgrade RHEV-H with "upgrade" parameter failed in determine Root partition
- BZ - 812849 - The "OK" and "Cancel" colors are not consistent
- BZ - 812851 - The screen mess up after some irregular actions
- BZ - 812858 - The default URL and CA values is not grayed for RHN
- BZ - 812865 - Kdump doesn't work after configure the remote nfs server
- BZ - 814778 - password change after setting password with adminpw is not persisted
- BZ - 815652 - Can't show sam status after register to satellite
- BZ - 815696 - RHEV-H 6.3: CIM access password can't be changed.
- BZ - 815721 - Auto installation doesn't reports error when the total size of storage_vol exceeds the disk volume
- BZ - 817249 - Auto install logs does not save to /tmp/ovirt.log
- BZ - 818131 - No password check when TUI upgrade.
- BZ - 819835 - Installation failed when device names contain spaces
- BZ - 820177 - RHEV-H 6.3: ntp server setting won't be effective after configure
- BZ - 822848 - rhev-h ethernet nic losts its configuration after rhev-h upgrade
- BZ - 822930 - DNS info is removed after register to rhevm
- BZ - 824928 - boot fails on EFI machine after installed when booting in EFI mode from optical media
- BZ - 831101 - [RHEVH] upgade from 6.2 to 6.3 cannot migrate VLAN network configuration on dell server due to bios devname changes
- BZ - 834348 - The default boot version is not latest one and the backup one boot failed.
- BZ - 837055 - new password could be set even without enter old password in TUI upgrade
- BZ - 837057 - snmp auth cannot work with new passwd after some action
- BZ - 837059 - Ovirt log show the RHN proxy password in plaintext.
- BZ - 837061 - the CIM and SNMP Password can be set successfully even passwords does not match
Red Hat Virtualization 6