RHBA-2005:058 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated util-linux package that adds additional hardware support for
fdisk, as well as support for a wider variety of SGI partition tables, is
The util-linux package is a collection of essential Linux system utilities.
The fdisk utility included with util-linux is used to partition storage
This updated version of util-linux includes the following changes to fdisk:
- 'fdisk -l' now lists partitions on devices using the CCISS driver
and other devices with non-standard pathnames.
- SGI partition tables with non-standard sector sizes are now supported.
All users of util-linux should upgrade to this updated package, which
resolves these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc