Debug output written to /var/log/leapp/leapp-upgrade.log

============================================================

A report has been generated at /var/log/leapp/leapp-report.json
A report has been generated at /var/log/leapp/leapp-report.txt

============================================================

END OF REPORT

Log /var/log/leapp/leapp-upgrade.log

/lib/leapp/scratch.
2022-06-20 09:50:50.550 INFO PID: 273187 leapp.workflow.Download: Starting stage After of phase Download
2022-06-20 09:50:50.551 INFO PID: 273187 leapp.workflow: Workflow interrupted due to the FailPhase error policy
2022-06-20 09:50:50.581 INFO PID: 273187 leapp: Answerfile will be created at /var/log/leapp/answerfile
2022-06-20 09:50:50.602 WARNING PID: 273187 leapp.reporting: Stable Key report entry not provided, dynamically generating one - e6b036b324ee15b186946c270a088c8a0ef85134
2022-06-20 09:50:50.654 WARNING PID: 273187 leapp.reporting: Stable Key report entry not provided, dynamically generating one - e6

Log /var/log/leapp/leapp-report.txt

Warning: Package marked by Leapp to upgrade not found in repositories metadata: leapp leapp-upgrade-el8toel9 python3-leapp gpg-pubkey
warning: Found bdb_ro Packages database while attempting sqlite backend: using bdb_ro backend.
error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h# 1582
Header V3 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID bdda8475: BAD
Header SHA256 digest: OK
Header SHA1 digest: OK
error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h# 1582
Header V3 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID bdda8475: BAD
Error: An rpm exception occurred: package not installed

Summary:

Key: e6b036b324ee15b186946c270a088c8a0ef85134

Risk Factor: low
Title: The subscription-manager release is going to be set after the upgrade
Summary: After the upgrade has completed the release of the subscription-manager will be set to 9.0. This will ensure that you will receive and keep the version you choose to upgrade to.
Remediation: [hint] If you wish to receive updates for the latest released version of the target system, run subscription-manager release --unset after the upgrade.

Key: 747a4ca25303eda17d1891bb85eeb226be14f252

Risk Factor: info
Title: LEAPP detected SELinux disabled in "/etc/selinux/config"
Summary: On RHEL 9, disabling SELinux in "/etc/selinux/config" is no longer possible. This way, the system starts with SELinux enabled but with no policy loaded. LEAPP will automatically disable SELinux using "SELINUX=0" kernel command line parameter. However, Red Hat strongly recommends to have SELinux enabled

Key: a32598d132c02dc20fd3daf631e85770623d3f8e

Risk Factor: info
Title: SElinux disabled
Summary: SElinux disabled, continuing...

Key: 4f25fea9b15b9d1d07d52cc1de02073f295dac3d

How do I solve it ? Thank you

Responses

Same problem here

STDERR:
warning: Found bdb_ro Packages database while attempting sqlite backend: using bdb_ro backend.
Warning: Package marked by Leapp to upgrade not found in repositories metadata: leapp-upgrade-el8toel9 gpg-pubkey leapp python3-leapp
error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h#    1169 
Header V3 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 158b3811: BAD
Error: An rpm exception occurred: package not installed

You ever figure this issue out? I have 2 servers that have this same error, upgraded 6 others just fine. Thanks.

Hi,

You can try this solutions. RHEL upgrade Leapp for 8 to 9 versions same procedure. Red Hat Leapp provides existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and 9 instances to upgrade from one major version to the next. This can be done on a one-to-one basis or en mass with a tool like Satellite. The Leapp tooling also includes a pre-upgrade assistant that makes it easy to identify breaking changes or warn about potential issues before any lasting changes are made to the system.

Before diving in, the question you have to ask is: is this workload worth executing a rebuild from scratch? That process can be tedious and time consuming. Doing an in-place upgrade retains the subscription, installed packages, user data, and configurations all while saving the time and resources required to deploy fresh.

Installing Leapp To get started, it is highly recommended that you update all packages on your system to the latest version available. (Note: for this lab, updates have already been run for you.)

Leapp is a supported operation for RHEL which means support tickets can be opened in case obstacles are encountered. It also means that the leapp utility is available straight from the Red Hat package repository. First, verify the version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux that you have installed: Similiar 8.6 to 9 RHEL version upgrade.

1.cat /etc/redhat-release

2.subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-rpms

3.subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-extras-rpms

4.dnf install -y leapp-upgrade

5.leapp --version

6.leapp preupgrade --target 8.6

7.cat /var/log/leapp/answerfile

8.sed -i 's/# confirm =/confirm = true/g' /var/log/leapp/answerfile

9.leapp upgrade --target 8.6

10.reboot

If you success please notify here.

Thank you

Damian Borgi, and Matthew Chambers,

The most significant thing I believe may be thwarting your upgrade is in your output:

Warning: Package marked by Leapp to upgrade not found in repositories metadata: leapp leapp-upgrade-el8toel9 python3-leapp

I'd take the files that were generated, and submit them in a case with Red Hat. They would be in the best position to address this since the LEAPP utility is their product, and the lack of the rpm mentioned in the metadata may be something they themselves have to fix.

Regards,
RJ

Damian Borgi,

Please surround any subsequent code you post here with three tildes, example:
~~~
#your code goes here
~~~

How this will look

#your code goes here

This makes it easier for everyone who may attempt to help you to read the output you post.

Regards,
RJ

Try this solutions if match this criteria: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - 9.0 - x86_64 You can configure the certificate of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - 9.0 - x86_64 by using a script or manually with the instructions below.

Option 1: Scripted Configuration Download Red_Hat_Product_Certificates.sh chmod +x Red_Hat_Product_Certificates.sh ./Red_Hat_Product_Certificates.sh

Option 2: Manual Configuration Create directory /etc/pki/product/.

Change the permission and ownership of this file.

Change the permission and ownership of this file. restorecon -Rv /etc/pki/product chown root.root /etc/pki/product/479.pem chmod 644 /etc/pki/product/479.pem rct cat-cert /etc/pki/product/479.pem

Register your system.

Register your system. subscription-manager register --auto-attach subscription-manager refresh subscription-manager identity

The fix for this is going back and looking at the preupgrade warnings. Once I resolved the high warnings the upgrade went fine. I had two systems a unifi server with mongodb community edition and rclone. Another server running bind somehow I had some additional fedora bind packages called isc-bind-*. My steps:

dnf remove any offending packages and noted them for reinstall leapp preupgrade --target 9.0 to verify everything was removed/fixed leapp upgrade --target 9.0 dnf install packages

Note: I added epel-release-latest for 9.0 here to get rclone back https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/epel/#_quickstart

Hi,

You can try this solutions. RHEL upgrade Leapp for 8 to 9 versions same procedure. Red Hat Leapp provides existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and 9 instances to upgrade from one major version to the next. This can be done on a one-to-one basis or en mass with a tool like Satellite. The Leapp tooling also includes a pre-upgrade assistant that makes it easy to identify breaking changes or warn about potential issues before any lasting changes are made to the system.

Before diving in, the question you have to ask is: is this workload worth executing a rebuild from scratch? That process can be tedious and time consuming. Doing an in-place upgrade retains the subscription, installed packages, user data, and configurations all while saving the time and resources required to deploy fresh.

Installing Leapp To get started, it is highly recommended that you update all packages on your system to the latest version available. (Note: for this lab, updates have already been run for you.)

Leapp is a supported operation for RHEL which means support tickets can be opened in case obstacles are encountered. It also means that the leapp utility is available straight from the Red Hat package repository. First, verify the version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux that you have installed: Similiar 8.6 to 9 RHEL version upgrade.

1.cat /etc/redhat-release

2.subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-rpms

3.subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-extras-rpms

4.dnf install -y leapp-upgrade

5.leapp --version

6.leapp preupgrade --target 8.6

7.cat /var/log/leapp/answerfile

8.sed -i 's/# confirm =/confirm = true/g' /var/log/leapp/answerfile

9.leapp upgrade --target 8.6

10.reboot

If you success please notify here.

Thank you

Hi

I have the same error. I follow your steps but still have error from upgrading via "leapp upgrqde --target 9.0" (from 8.7)

preupgrade pass successfully but not upgrade

STDERR: warning: Found bdb_ro Packages database while attempting sqlite backend: using bdb_ro backend. warning: Found bdb_ro Packages database while attempting sqlite backend: using bdb_ro backend. Warning: Package marked by Leapp to install not found in repositories metadata: jitterentropy-devel Warning: Package marked by Leapp to upgrade not found in repositories metadata: leapp-upgrade-el8toel9 leapp python3-leapp gpg-pubkey warning: Found bdb_ro Packages database while attempting sqlite backend: using bdb_ro backend. error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h# 492 Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID cc633953: BAD Header SHA256 digest: OK Header SHA1 digest: OK Error: An rpm exception occurred: package not installed

Thanks for wour support

Is this the conversion data conversion issue described in https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9/html/upgrading_from_rhel_8_to_rhel_9/applying-security-policies_upgrading-from-rhel-8-to-rhel-9#proc_updating-nss-databases-from-dbm-to-sqlite_applying-security-policies ? Note certutil is in the nss-tools package, not nss-utils

Any Resolution On This Issue.... I am Also Facing The Same Issue While Doing In-Place Upgrade From RHEL8.7 To RHEL9

Probably not exactly what you want to hear, but to make sure the server is in a known working and supported state, I recommend to always backup apps/data + delete all disks + install new RHEL from scratch + restore/reinstall apps/data as per documentation.
If you have your apps/data on a separate disk, you may not need to copy apps/data out of the server.
"Leapp" sounds like a good idea, and it may work, but it may also introduce problems, and those may not even appear until much later.