Failed to download metadata for repo 'rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-eus-source-rpms'

Latest response

Hello, I m just new to Linux and practicing RHCSA. So, after enabling 2 repos i used a command #yum update -y. This is the result it shows

Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-eus-source-rpms':
- Status code: 404 for https://cdn.redhat.com/content/eus/rhel8/8.3/x86_64/appstream/source/SRPMS/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 173.223.48.251)
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-eus-source-rpms': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

I read some a year discussion which has same problem as mine. I tried many things which from that thread but it didn't solved my problem. Does anyone have any solution?

Responses

Hi Sajan,

Disable this specific repository, you won't need it ... I assume you don't have or use an EUS subscription. :)
Most probably you only have to enable the BaseOS, AppStream, and the CodeReady Builder repositories.

sudo subscription-manager repos --disable rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-eus-source-rpms

Regards,
Christian

Thank you I will try it.

Thank You Sir, It worked for me.

You're welcome, Sajan ! Glad we could help you. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello, I am new to Redhat and using version 8.5 beta. I tried to run an update && upgrade and got the results below. I disabled appstream and do the update && upgrade again but got the same results. I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Please see the results below. Thank you, David

[david@rhel-nyc ~]$ sudo dnf update && sudo dnf upgrade

[sudo] password for David:

Updating Subscription Management repositories.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - BaseOS 215 B/s | 360 B 00:01

Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-beta-rpms':

• Status code: 403 for https://cdn.redhat.com/content/beta/rhel8/8/x86_64/baseos/os/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 1.1.1.1)

Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-beta-rpms': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot

download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

Hi David,

Besides the error message you mention ... you won't get updates for Beta releases anyway. :)
Meanwhile RHEL 8.5 final has been released, please download and install the 8.5 GA release.

Regards,
Christian

Thanks!

You're welcome, David ! :)