Podman issue pulling from local registry

Latest response

Running RHEL 8.1 with Podman 1.4.2-stable2. I've used Docker CE before, however learning Podman. We are running a local Registry with Quay.

I'm able to log into Quay via command line.

I'm running everything as rootless.

When I try to pull a redhat-ubi image from the local registry, this is the error message that I get:

[cmiller@foo ~]$ podman pull server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi
Trying to pull server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi...ERRO[0000] Error pulling image ref //server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi:latest: Error initializing source docker://server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi:latest: Error reading manifest latest in server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi: manifest unknown: manifest unknown 
Failed
Error: error pulling image "server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi": unable to pull server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi: unable to pull image: Error initializing source docker://server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi:latest: Error reading manifest latest in server.url.here:portnumber/foo-software/redhat-ubi: manifest unknown: manifest unknown
[cmiller@foo ~]$ 

I've added the local registry to /etc/containers/registry.conf and added it first:

[registries.search]
registries = ['server.url.here:portnumber', 'registry.redhat.io', 'registry.access.redhat.com', 'quay.io', 'docker.io']

I find it odd Podman is trying to initializing source of docker, when I'm using the local registry of Quay.

Responses