- Posted In
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64
My Dell Precision Tower 3420 is hanging periodically when I run RHEL8.2 and this is quite frequent . I had installed RHEL8.2 yesterday and today I tried installing DevOps tools such as Ansible , kubectl , docker , Jenkins etc .
I have a output of journalctl but the file size is too big .
- Can anyone suggest what the commands outputs I need to capture ?
- What information to look for in these logs files ?
- What fix are necessary in order to stop this hanging issue ?
- How can I develop my troubleshooting skills so next time such problem comes I could provide something meaningful conclusions from these logs ?
- Is it ok to put log files here in these discussion forums ?
I was working on jenkins update through google chrome on this system when it was hanged in last 2 attempts.
I am pretty confident on this system performance as this is dual boot and I have never ever remember when I had to power off Windows forcefully due to hung state of the system when running on windows . I have 2 seperate HDDs one dedicated for Windows and another dedicated for RHEL 8.2 for isolation from each other .