How do I register my developer account so I can receive updates.

Latest response

Its been a little while since I have had time to re-up my developer account. I have a couple of test systems that I am trying to patch but all I get is no packages available. I know this cannot be correct since both systems are RHEL 7.6 and I know RHEL 7.7 is now available.

Please let me know how I can re-associate those systems to the developer account

thank you

Responses

Developer subscription is valid for one year and valid for one Physical Machine and 100 virtual machine. After 1 year, you have to login to developer.redhat.com and accept terms again. Check your subscription, it should be extemded to one more year (it might take few min to reflect your subscription. When your are done, login to your system and register your system with your developer subscription and attach new subscription. I think that will help. Let us know if you are facing any more issue.

Hi Sayed,

Please let me add a little correction regarding the maximum amount of supported virtual machines. :)

Excerpt from the article FAQ: Changes to the Red Hat Developer program’s no-cost subscriptions

"Under the new no-cost Red Hat Developer Subscription available from March 2018 onward,
the maximum number of VMs supported by RHEL is now 16."

Regards,
Christian

Thank you for correcting me. I was not aware of that.

No problem, Sayed ... as we can find different FAQ sites, it's not exactly easy to find the valid one. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi Shawn,

After the subscription renewal - this is what you have to do ... :)

Un-register the system :

sudo subscription-manager remove --all
sudo subscription-manager unregister
sudo subscription-manager clean

Re-register the system :

sudo subscription-manager register
sudo subscription-manager refresh

Search for the Pool ID :

sudo subscription-manager list --available

Attach to subscription :

sudo subscription-manager attach --pool=<Pool-ID>

Cleanup yum & cache :