Error setting up base repository (RHEL 7.2), RHEL7.2 Installation Source Error

Latest response

Hi, I had downloaded the evaluation subscription RHEL 7.2 Binary DVD ISO from Reh Hat Portal, and tried to install onto my pc but there's an error appear on Installation Source which is "Error setting up base repository". Is anyone here know how to solve the error? Thanks.

Sia Yong's picture

Responses

Hi Sia.

You may find detailed information about the error on one of the TTYs that Anaconda also uses; press CTRL+ALT+FX to switch from one TTY to another, where X is between 1 and 6.

General debugging instructions are also at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_installation_problems. Not sure if there's a solution article on the Customer Portal, but this Fedora Project page is applicable to RHEL, too.

Regards, Radek

Is there a URL that one could add?

What kind of URL do you mean?

How about a rhel7 repo base url included in the boot dvd (400MB)?

How do I fix this error "error setting up base repository" I was trying to install RHEL7.4 on virtualbox? Thanks

Is it a problem in windows 10?

How to Fix "Error Setting up Base Repository " ? I am trying to install rhel 7.4 on machine

Bro u got a solution or not?

I am also getting the same error ? How to solve it? can any one tell me ?

Make sure you have not inadvertently tried to use the boot.iso for rhel7 as your installation media; it will generate the error you are reporting because the boot.iso does not contain any of the installation repositories virtualbox will need. Instead you need to download the dvd iso which is approx 3+ GB in size.

I have the EXACT same problem... Brand New MacBookPro ......Mac OS 10.13.1

Sequence I followed.... Downloaded and Installed VirtualBox (no problems)

Downloaded : rhel-server-7.2-x86_64-boot.iso (also tried with newer rhel-server-7.4-x86_64-boot.iso same problem)

I point VirtualBox to the ISO image and it boots fine, starts the install and I get as far as selecting the keyboard....

After selecting keyboard you do not get an option to select the install type... INSTALATION SOURCES - Error setting up base repository

Clicking on Installation Sources...only give you the option of adding a new Repository that is associated to a repository addressed via a URL....(I even tried to use the "file:" option and point it to the ISO file on the files system and that did not work either, not that I really expected it to.)

There is no way to enable the selection of the drop down to answer "Which installation source would you like to use?" Looking in the VM storage you can see rhel-server-7.2-x86_64-boot.iso mounted as an IDE drive

We need a work around in order to accomplish an install, I thought there might be a way to do it via the vmlinuz command that seems to be what is used to launch the install but could not find anything on the web and this is not an area of expertise on my part.

Please help...

Was this helpful?

We appreciate your feedback. Leave a comment if you would like to provide more detail.
It looks like we have some work to do. Leave a comment to let us know how we could improve.
Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.