Performace tuning wildfly 8.1

Latest response

I am migrating from an old version of weblogic to wildfly 8.1. I have noticed the following and am not sure where the bottleneck might be inside Wildfly (if at all). Here is my scenario:

I am submitting a bunch of webservice requests to a webservice A, running on server 1

Also, server 1 has a bunch of MDBs that are getting messages from a remote Q (hornetQ) and submitting webservice requests also to webservice A

And lastly I am logging into a webapp that is hosted on server 1.

I am noticing that the login is a taking a long time when the system is under loaded up by all the webservice requests.

Logging into my app makes 5 requests to the server and the login is not complete until the final request comes back. When the system is not under load I can see these 5 requests get servered one right after the other. When the system is under load other requests get in between my 5 login requests thus increasing the time between when the 1st requests started getting serverd and the last request is done being server. This I suspect is why my login takes so long.

I am wondering what setting or settings I can change inside wildfly to make it so that this does not happen.

I have played around with the io subsystem and increased the io-threads, core-threads, and task-max-threads. I am not sure where else to look for something like this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Responses

Hi Jean,

These discussion forums are usually for the downstream Red Hat products (which for WildFly is Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP)).

Although the Red Hat product is based on the upstream community project, you will likely get more relevant help for WildFly issues by posting to the specific WildFly forum on the JBoss Developer site: https://developer.jboss.org/en/wildfly?view=discussions

Furthermore, if you have a Red Hat Account and you're paying for support then you should really be using JBoss EAP and not WildFly as this isn't supported.